Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't sleep....I'm so nervous.<br> <br> I'm getting a 2001 E55 (black) delivered to me and it will be here tomorrow afternoon. I am very nervous, since it was an online/telephone transaction, and I have not seen the car in person (I had a MB dealer do an inspection, plus I received 15 pictures of it). I'm a nervous wreck. I did have the chance to test drive on at my local dealership, and I was impressed with the power, acceleration, blah, blah, blah (I'm sure you guys can fill in the blanks).<br> <br> I know the E55 is a relatively new car/series, but are there any problems I should be aware of? The car has 15k miles, so it's still 'new'. But I've been around German cars all my life, and I know most of them has their tiny querks or possible problems (BMW 850 and electrical problems, 80s Porsche 911s and their head studs/valve guides/leaking problems, etc). Anything I should check/test first on the E55? Any known issues? I realize this is an open-ended question, and I do apologize for my lack of detail.<br> <br> In addition, the car needs new tires. I'm thinking of Michelin Pilot Sports or the Pirelli Pzero Assym Rosso or the Potenza S0-3. My co-worker suggested the Kumho ECSTA Supra 712, which costs 1/2 the price. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My tires are Dunlop SP-9000. I love them because they are (supposedly) one of the more quiet high performance, low-profile tires. I also love the grip...but I'm sure all the tires in this category are the same.<br> <br> I too own an 01. But having followed all the forums for the past three years, there isn't one systemic problem with these cars to keep an eye out for. These cars are just dead reliable.<br> <br> Let us know how the whole experience went with respect to receipt of your new adoption. ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts