Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what tire pressure you guys have on your E55, minimum is for front/rear is 32/33 or 33/34 and maximum is 41/48 I think..<br>
<br>
Just curious

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would stay with 34/34 or 34/36 for everyday around town driving but would definately put extra air if I was going to take a long trip with aggressive driving a possibility. Too much air will wear the center of the tire, I found this the hard way when I had my '91 M5 which recommended similar tire pressures.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where you guys getting these numbers?

<br> Inside of my '01 fuel-door reads:<br> <br> For speeds UNDER 130 mph:<br> <br> Front/Rear (cold reading): 29/30 (3 passengers, little luggage)<br> <br> and,<br> <br> For speeds OVER 130 mph:<br> <br> Front/Rear (cold reading): 33/35 (3 passengers, little luggage)<br> <br> Just curious ...<br> <br> Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have mine on front-41, backs-48.<br> This info is found on the drivers side door frame when the door is opened.<br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn ... just checked my door sticker per Edmond ...

wouldn't you know it .... cold tire pressure 41/48.<br> <br> Then what the heck is the sticker that's located on the inside of the fuel-door used for? Regular E-Series?<br> <br> (BTW: how you doin' bro?)<br> <br> Drew.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Damn ... just checked my door sticker per Edmond ...

Drew, now you understand my decision to use less air 34/34 (see previous post)for local driving and more air for long distance and aggressive driving. Too much air in the tires will cause the center of the tire to wear quickly.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ever tried 41/48, what's the ride like?

Quite happy with 34/36 as of now for city driving..<br> <br> (Things are good Drew, got your radar/laser jammer in place yet?)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: I hear ya Mike ... but is the factory 'recomended' pressure too much?

If you are going to be doing high speed driving all the time then you need to have the higher tire pressures for better stability and handling, otherwise all it is going to do is kill the rubber. The last time I checked I595 or I95 it did not look anything like the Autobahn. If and when I go out of town I will make all necessary changes in tire pressures(I have a pump and gauge at home)when the tires are cold.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: Re: I hear ya Mike ... but is the factory 'recomended' pressure too much?

I do drive like 'I stole the thing' most of the time on the highways ... and use the Ronald Reagan Turnpike (aka: the Florida Turnpike) most of the time anyway. You have to drive like your on the Autobahn on the highways in S. Florida, as you know, in order to survive and/or get to your destination on time.<br> <br> The door decal does say 41/48 cold pressure. I'm gonna call my dealer to be sure.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've got it in my tires as of today (thursday) ...

<br> I'll be making a 500 mile round-trip to Orlando on Friday ... will let you know if there's any appreciable difference. <br> <br> I have the V1, but not the jammer. I was actually thinking of trading-in the E55 for the S55, so I have held off with the V1 and Jammer hard-wire. Just this past weekend I took a S55 for a spin, and while it is a beautiful car, with lots more room inside over the E ... the S just didn't feel as quick (likely wasn't with about 700 pounds more weight to drag around). Now it looks like I will be keeping the E55 for a while longer.<br> <br> I have a hunch that the fuel-door sticker is a standard E-Class sticker ... and the driver's-door sticker is put on at the AMG plant. The door sticker specifically refers to the Dunlop ZR tires, as the fuel-door sticker does not. <br> <br> I am going to call a friend with an '01 E430 today to verify. Nothing in my owner's manual states numbers for tire pressure, nor deliniates between E-Class models for tire pressure, just refers you to the fuel-door sticker. <br> <br> As of yesterday I've been riding with 31/33 respectively for the past 5 months, and I recall saying to myself on several occasions that the ride seemed just a little too harsh. <br> <br> Just the drive home from the gas station with the 41/48 setting seemed to be more enjoyable.<br> <br> I'll report back after the weekend.<br> <br> Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Regarding your ride home from the station...

... I would have thought the higher tire pressure would have made the ride less enjoyable. That is, the more air pressure, the harsher the ride, no?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts