Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
E55
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm a little new to the forum and I think it's been great and very helpful, thanks everyone for all info.. I have a question for anyone who would know this, I wanted to install some stock 2002 E55 springs in my 2000 E320 2 wheel drive. Does anyone know what difference that would make in my car. Would it lower the car at all, would the handling be better, and of course would the setup itself work... Thanks again everyone and hopefully someone out there knows the answer. [:D]

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
I have heard that it can be done. It should slightly lower your car and they will be stif...

I have heard that it can be done. It should slightly lower your car and they will be stiffer. You may also have to change your shocks. Get the E55 antisway bar too.

·
Registered
E55
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info.. should i get stock e55 shocks or aftermarket like bilstein..

thanks for the info.. should i get stock e55 shocks or aftermarket like bilstein..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: thanks for the info.. should i get stock e55 shocks or aftermarket like bilstein.. ...

of course you can get original E55 shocks but bilstein
will do great. as bilsteins have this feature that
(at authorized bilstein service shop) they can be
preset to different damping values, it is possible
to make them work like original AMG shocks do.
AMG shock absorber is nothing more as bilstein
set to the stiffest setting. Some time ago i've
had my worn AMG shocks replaced with bilsteins
prepared as above, the car sticks to the tarmac
as crazy, on uneven roads, too. i'm delighted.
they came with 2yr unlimited km warranty. not to
mention that they were half the price of something
with AMG sticker on it.

(to tell you the truth, even knowing all that above,
i WOULD get originals anyway if i had many for them:)

·
Registered
Audi S6
56 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm a little new to the forum and I think it's been great and very helpful, thanks everyone for all info.. I have a question for anyone who would know this, I wanted to install some stock 2002 E55 springs in my 2000 E320 2 wheel drive. Does anyone know what difference that would make in my car. Would it lower the car at all, would the handling be better, and of course would the setup itself work... Thanks again everyone and hopefully someone out there knows the answer. [:D]
Don't do it. E55 Springs will fit on your E320. But, the E55 is much heavier than your E320, so the springs will actually raise the height of your car. Get some aftermarket springs that were designed for your car.

Attachments

·
Registered
Audi S6
56 Posts
Don't do it. E55 Springs will fit on your E320. But, the E55 is much heavier than your E320, so the springs will actually raise the height of your car. Get some aftermarket springs that were designed for your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts