Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed H&R springs on my E55. I am still running the stock Bilsteins and have no rubbing....yet!!<br><br>
<br><br>
I am running 19x9.5's in the front and 19x10's in the rear. I took the car on some pretty hard runs in the 120-130 MPH range and experienced no ill effects (rubbing) but definitely can feel the reduced body roll. These springs help out by reducing squat and dive during acceleration and braking also. The comfort sacrifice is minimal versus the stock springs but the handling improvement is worth it<br><br>
<br><br>
Before I lowered it with the H&R's I was using spring pad #1 all the way around. After the install I switched to #3 pads up front and #2 pads in the rear but wanted an even more aggressive look so I went with #1 pads in the front and the following pictures are with this setup.<br><br>
<br><br>
In person the car looks even lower...I feel. The link below takes you to the gallery- you can see my car with 19 inch AMG Monoblocks (page 1) and then with Brabus Multipiece Wheels (page 2) and then the car with the Brabus wheels and the H&R drop (page 2 and 3). <br><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tell you what I like...

The front... with the Benz badge on the grille, and not on the tip of the bonnet.<br> <br> Can't remember if I've asked this before, but is that standard in the US? With a few exceptions, Euro Mercs have the Benz badge atop the hood.<br> <br> If it's a modification, what did you need to do carry it off? It looks smart -- CL-like :)<br> <br> Jamie -- London, UK.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Tell you what I like...

The standard gunsight (hood ornament) is on most North American models. I believe the CL, SLK, and ML models get the flat badge.<br> <br> The grill that I have is the CL style grill made for the E-Class. Its a simple replacement part just like the hood badge. I got it at Sprewell Racing in California, US. I am sure you can get it in the UK but if not check out EvoSport.Com- They are too in California but can get both parts and ship to you.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not too savy with tires, but ...

<br> My rear tires are taller and wider than my fronts (the factory AMG setup w/Dunlops)... and I thought that's why the recommended tire pressure for the rears is higher than the fronts (more room for more air, or more space to fill in order to keep the larger tread pattern on the road). <br> <br> From your pic's, it appeared (to me anyway) that you have the same size tires all around ... hence my question about your tire pressure: doesn't having the same size tires front/rear mean the same pressure front/rear?<br> <br> Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just re-read your post above ...

... I think my brains working now:<br> <br> You've got different tire-sizes front/rear, so why the same pressure front/rear?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To answer your question...

I am not running the factory set-up of 18x8 and 18x9 Monoblocks. Your tires are 245x40 and 275x35 and have more sidewall due to a higher profile. I am running 19x9.5 with a 245x35 tire in the front and 19x10 in the rear with a 275x30 tire. These wheels tend to stretch the tire out more and place more contact on the road. I had my settings at 41/48 and noticed heavy wear in the middle of my rears so I dropped it to 41/41. But you have to remember that a cold tire will gain 3-5 PSI depending on the temperature it reaches and the longevity of the drive. I have checked with many performance and tire shops who installed 19 inch wheels and they mostly recommend 36-38 PSI on all wheels. My front wheel is not as wide but also has a narrower tire and due to this I still run the same pressure in the front as the rear. They are basically proportional and carry nearly the same diameter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where can I buy the painted side light cover like yours (at the bumper for the reflector...

Where can I buy the painted side light cover like yours (at the bumper for the reflector light) ?

·
Registered
2001 E55
9 Posts
E55 / CL rims

Looks good!! What has to be done to make the CL rims fit the E55? What size are they and what offset?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts