Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I speak with vendors in Germany on a daily basis about cars, parts, and often Mercedes. Apparently, many Germans are reluctant to drive too expensive a car to business appointments as it make give their client the wrong impression. As such, they are keen on debadging cars or taking lower models (like the C-class) and putting big block (5.5, 5.8 and 6.0 liter) engines in them. There are many "sleeper" performance cars in Germany.<p>When I asked a person yesterday about the E55, he told me it had a reputation as a "drug runner" car. What's interesting is this conversation came last night while I was watching a Miami Vice rerun on TNN. SD<p>Drew...good thing, as you live in Florida, that you got yours in silver instead of the ominous black.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
California

In California our drug runner cars are 78 cadillacs and rice-rocket hondas/toyotas. Maybe we should export these cars to Germany so they can get a real american "feel" for their drug dealers!! By the way, Don Johnson lives in my neighborhood and he has a black 2000 S500 with tinted windows (completely blacked out) and a driver (I guess you don't want to drive yourself when you're loaded).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SteveD: now I have to re-think the customizing i was gonna do to the Beast: lower it 4" - put on 20"

: I speak with vendors in Germany on a daily basis about cars, parts, and often Mercedes. Apparently, many Germans are reluctant to drive too expensive a car to business appointments as it make give their client the wrong impression. As such, they are keen on debadging cars or taking lower models (like the C-class) and putting big block (5.5, 5.8 and 6.0 liter) engines in them. There are many "sleeper" performance cars in Germany.<p>When I asked a person yesterday about the E55, he told me it had a reputation as a "drug runner" car. What's interesting is this conversation came last night while I was watching a Miami Vice rerun on TNN. SD<p>Drew...good thing, as you live in Florida, that you got yours in silver instead of the ominous black.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Drew-they didn't give me the Jersey options!

Now I thought when they prepped my CLK55 at the dealer in Jersey I was supposed to get the Sopranos package!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You didn't get it James? My advice, don't complain: if you do, don't answer the door if there's some

Badda Bing, Badda Boom! ... youz no what i'm tawking about?<p>(how's the new toy treating you, BTW James?)<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too Slow!

Well I finally got past the break in period and am starting to explore the cars capabilities. The car is sickly fast compared to my 430 (and most other cars in general) and handles like a dream. It definitely gives my 911 a run for its money (except I don't have to worry about parking it like I have to with the porsche). You would have enjoyed this: I was driving home around 11:00 a few weeks ago and cruising through the city and turned onto one of the main big residential streets near the Presidio/Pac Heights. I came up on an E55 but the guy didn't see me. I started to race him away from a stop sign or two and I think he was a little perturbed (what the fuck is this guy doing?) until he realized I was driving a CLK55 and then he began to "play". We went back and forth for several blocks until the guy had to turn into his house. It was pretty fun going racign each other since the cars are evenly matched and there was no egos involved (like if you were racing a different kind of car bmw, corvette, whatever).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Too Slow!

----------<p>too slow ... too funny!<p>I'm glad you love your Beast so much. I have turned two of my old college buddies on to the 'AMG' experience (one bought a CLK55 & the other with the S55 ... both from Christopher): they still call or email me thanking me for convincing them to spend the extra money on their particular model choices and step-up to the 55.<p>I was in SF a few years ago, and just love the Presidio/Pacific Heights area (I was single then, met a cute little blond at some irish pub in the neighborhood who went to Golden Gate University Law School, which I never heard of till that night. We got drunk, and ended up 'fooling around' at her apartment that ovelooked a Parking Lot of the Presidio. Looks like we both cleaned our pipes in that neighborhood too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts