Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the E55 owner's feelings about an E430 Sport that puts on an AMG badge?<br>I'm not saying that the E430 is changed to E55, but rather just adding the AMG logo on the right but keeping the E430 on the left.<p>What are your opinions on this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Putting on AMG badge=

complete poser, loser, wannabe<p>Although, I really don't give a shit because they are only fooling themselves and once the cars are actually rolling down the street and a real AMG steps on the gas....heh, heh

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatever makes 'em happy I guess. You spend $55-60k on a car you can damn well do what you please with it. <p>However I wouldn't want them to bring down the reputation of the real deal. I'd hate to have somebody bragging that their Mustang, Neon, or Pacer GT wupped up on an AMG.<p>That'd be all over the chat rooms on AOL.<p>The thing I like so much about my car is that I don't see any others on the road! I've seen one other in the last year around Detroit. I passed what might have been one the other day, but it could have been a poser in a 430 Sport. You never know.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lame. Even if there were some AMG upgrades, it's still not an AMG unless it got the full treatment... engine, exhaust, suspension, wheels, etc. Nice try, though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ty, if it makes you happy go for it. Folks that know cars know the real deal when they come across one. The first M5 I ran with had no M5 badges on it. I knew it was special by the way it was moving through traffic, not by any labels. I caught up to the car and gave it a once over, then gave the driver the thumbs up. We cruised together at go to jail speeds for about 50 miles. (I was in my 911). When I cruise with my E55AMG, most folks don't see the AMG badge very long anyway, but they know it's the real deal when I step hard on the loud pedal. The folks that know cars will know that it's not an AMG car, and the folks that don't know cars won't know what AMG is.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having owned a '99 E430 Sport, I was very tempted to stick an AMG emblem on the back as well. However, when I asked friends about this, they convinced me not to do it as I would embarrass myself if a real AMG pulled up next to me. But like some people have posted, its your car and you can do whatever you want with it. For those AMG owners who are really bugged by it, remember, "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery."<p>Happy motoring all<p>Ryan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses. (more)

I will never put on an AMG badge unless it has an AMG modified engine. I just wanted to know how real AMG owners felt. <p>Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do your own thing Ty, don't give a damn what others think..

E55 owners aren't any more special than E320 owners and the ultimate badgets would be those magnetic stick ons, be a M3 on Monday, a S700 on Wednesday, and a 190D on the weekend..

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
up to you

first it is your car so do what makes you happy. second you are paying extra money for the sport(amg)wheels and body kit so you have the right to put what ever badge you want on it.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sort of like the //M badge on a 540i (eom)

: What are the E55 owner's feelings about an E430 Sport that puts on an AMG badge?<br>I'm not saying that the E430 is changed to E55, but rather just adding the AMG logo on the right but keeping the E430 on the left.<p>What are your opinions on this?<p>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts