Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 2000 E55 cluster fit into a 2000 E320? One is for sale. My smaller LEDs are out.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
Agree with Kajtek1. The owner's manual for 2001 E320 is the same for E430 and E55. These are all fundamentally the same car except engines Good luck, I like the gauges better too.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
I have a E55 cluster with 37K ..

I have a E55 cluster for '99-'00 in perfect condition for $400..no dead pixels, perfect condition thru out.

This was out of a E55 with no steering wheel radio controls.

This is the best E55 cluster I have seen, if it helps and you're interested PM me.

Note, with a cluster replacement the cluster will show the original miles from the donor car - reprogamming the mileage can only be done by specialty speedometer shops and can't be done by a MB dealer or MB indie, dealers/indie can reprogram cluster function, and reprogram miles to km etc, but they do not have the gear and software to reprogram mileage

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Note, with a cluster replacement the cluster will show the original miles from the donor car - reprogamming the mileage can only be done by specialty speedometer shops and can't be done by a MB dealer or MB indie, dealers/indie can reprogram cluster function, and reprogram miles to km etc, but they do not have the gear and software to reprogram mileage
That was going to be my point. CR, before you buy another cluster do yourself a favor and see if you can locate a service to do the reprogramming for you and find out how much they charge. Might as well call duvalmotorcars.com and see what their rate is for a new cluster, too. They were about 18% under list for my cats, and the dealer can program a new cluster. You can always buy the AMG variant if you prefer.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is the AMG cluster different from the regular E320 cluster besides the AMG logo?

·
Registered
13,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why not just have it repaired for the $250 that some shops charge?
I may be able to get the AMG one with the same mileage as my original for $150. I would rather get the E320 one because I want to keep it original. If I don't buy this one then I will certainly have mine repaired.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts