Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the sticky but can't figure it out. Always seem to have trouble figuring out wheel fitment!
I saved the snow tires from the slk 230 that we sold. I am hoping that they will fit the 2001 E55 AMG.

Snow Tires/Wheels that I have

Front: 7Jx16H2 ET37
205 55 R16

Rear: 8Jx16H2 ET30
225 50 R16

The owner's manual has summer front offset at 31mm and rears at 35 mm. Winters are 35mm front and rear with the spare at 37mm.

So all of this leads me to believe that the fronts will fit......so my question is do all I need for the rears are 4 mm spacers????

I know this is probably a simple question, but if you can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Rather have what I need before I put the car up in the air and start removing the wheels.

If I do need spacers, any suggestion as to where to get them? I noticed Advance Auto has "universal" spacers. If those will work I can get them. If they will be problematic down the road, I will go with suggestions made by members here.

Thanks in advance Everyone. Winter arrived in a hurry here. Seems like it was 50 deg one day and snow and ice on the roads a couple days later!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
They will fit. No need for the spacer. The spacer would change the offset from 30 to 26...not 34.

The problem may be that the 16" wheel will not clear the AMG brake calipers.

The only way to know is to try them.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will fit. No need for the spacer. The spacer would change the offset from 30 to 26...not 34.

The problem may be that the 16" wheel will not clear the AMG brake calipers.

The only way to know is to try them.
Thanks. I will throw them on there. Hopefully they will fit. Snow tires and a set of wheels to put them on dont come cheap.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If your in need of some nice looking wheels that will fit I have a set of 16" alloys I'm trying to find a home for. No tires, wheels only. $500 shipped?????

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just want to update this in case someone else has a similar question in the future. I removed the front wheel and tried the snow tire/wheel. It made contact with the brake caliper. So, no they will not fit!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts