Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
here is a video of my c class with a e55 amg engine.

YouTube - E55 AMG engine inside C Class w203
does anyone know if that is possible to do on the 2005 c230komp, ss. but i was looking around at other engines for my car, not anytime soon, but hopefully in the next few years, i was looking at the c32 engine, or the c55, but then i found this thread, and if this is possible, where would i find an e55 engine by itself, i have been looking but havent had much luck on finding any.

·
Registered
290 Posts
does anyone know if that is possible to do on the 2005 c230komp, ss. but i was looking around at other engines for my car, not anytime soon, but hopefully in the next few years, i was looking at the c32 engine, or the c55, but then i found this thread, and if this is possible, where would i find an e55 engine by itself, i have been looking but havent had much luck on finding any.
Your transmission wouldnt be able to handle to power increase. And Why would you want to put the time and money into putting a C32 engine? It would be alot easier selling your C230 and buying a C32 and putting the extra money into modding the C32.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i put s much time and effort into it, selling it would be a loss, its been in one serious accident, which depreciated the value of it, and i am currently making payments on the car for the next 3-4 years. i love the car, but just need more power. the thought about the c32 engine ceased a wile back, and i started to think c55 engine until i saw this thread, and started to think e55. i see an abundant amount of c55 and c32 engines for sale all over the internet, but the e55 engine i cant seem to find, and an e55 is out of my budget, i was thinking engine swap and maybe transmission swap too, and in such a lightweight car (compared to the e class) i would imagine there would be tremendous power difference. so my question is, is it possible to drop an E55 engine and Transmission into a c230, and what else would i have to change in order for it to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
so is that a yes it will fit or no it will not fit, because i no that the c32 has an excessive amount of more space under the hood compared to the c230 kompressor, mainly because of the 3.2 supercharged vs the 1.8 liter supercharged engines. i know of people that have completed the c230- c32 but a 3.2 liter is relatively small compared to the a 5.5 liter. if you happen to know if it will fit, that information will be greatly appreciated i have already began my quest in the 1.8 liter - 5.5 liter conversion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
im getting the parts from a salvaged E55 with a good transmission and engine. i just wanted to know if it is possible to drop it into a c230 1.8 vehicle, because im pretty sure that it is a smaller space than the other c classes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts