Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My only complaint about the E55 (and it's a very small complaint) is that the exhaust doesn't have more of a growl to it. I know the exhaust is tuned to these cars and I'm not willing to sacrifice performance for sound, but does anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that makes an exhaust system that does not degrade the performance?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there are a lot of exhausts on the market for these cars, but have seen NOTHING ...

I know there are a lot of exhausts on the market for these cars, but have seen NOTHING in the way of objective test data and no one seems to have any information in this regard. So what's going on? Does everyone with an E55 except me like the exhaust note? Just curious.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just about to post the same question. Am about to take delivery on an '02. I'd like to duplicate the growl of the CLK55. Just drove a CLK55 Cab. Great sound. Would like to know what you find.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I know there are a lot of exhausts on the market for these cars, but have seen NOTHING ...

I've heard better exhaust sound from my wife's CLK430. My '99 E55 has 4 cats and 2 mufflers. I am considering removing the 'pre' muffler from under the car. Has anyone done this? If yes, how does it sound?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: E55 Eisenmann Exhausts

Take a look at http://www.eisenhaus.com<br>
<br>
Exclusive North American distributors of Eisenmann high performance exhaust systems. 100% Stainless Steel, engineered and built in Germany. Choose custom sound/performance levels.<br>
<br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts