Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tested their E55 at the 1/4 mile yet?<p>I have a 2000 E55 with 500 miles on it and getting <p>0-60 in 5.01 seconds not bad for a new tight engine<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an E430 and I clocked in at 14.3 in<br>Englishtown no mods. Not that I do it very often <br>but just wanted try it out. Yours should <br>do a lot faster. Did you use a G-tech to get<br>that time ? That is pretty darn fast. <p>Wish I had one.<p>Thomas.<p><br>: Has anyone tested their E55 at the 1/4 mile yet?<p>I have a 2000 E55 with 500 miles on it and getting <p>0-60 in 5.01 seconds not bad for a new tight engine<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still breaking in the Engine. I have another 500 Miles or so to go on the breakin and then you bet I will run the car :) What did you use to obtain your time metrics. It seems that you are obtaining considerable better 0-60 times than any of the specs/tests I have read to date. <p>Doug<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: Still breaking in the Engine. I have another 500 Miles or so to go on the breakin and then you bet I will run the car :) What did you use to obtain your time metrics. It seems that you are obtaining considerable better 0-60 times than any of the specs/tests I have read to date. <p>Doug<br><p>I am using G-tech, I brought it to a Thompson Raceway and the accuracy is within a couple tenths of a second. Motortrend Magazine got a 4.8 0-60 and that is the best I have seen. I used the same G-tech meter on my C43 AMG when I had it, 0-60 in 5.9 when new, with 6000 miles on it 5.68 seconds.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
: I have an E430 and I clocked in at 14.3 in<br>Englishtown no mods. Not that I do it very often <br>but just wanted try it out. Yours should <br>do a lot faster. Did you use a G-tech to get<br>that time ? That is pretty darn fast. <p>Wish I had one.<p>Thomas.<p><br>: Has anyone tested their E55 at the 1/4 mile yet?<p>I have a 2000 E55 with 500 miles on it and getting <p>0-60 in 5.01 seconds not bad for a new tight engine<p><p><p>14.3 is fast for a stock E430, I will post my 1/4 mile time as soon as I have time to test it. This E55 is fabulous!! Motortrend had 1/4 mile time of 13.3 seconds with the E55 AMG<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts