Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew that would get your attention!

This site is informative, so I visit often; but most of the posts are sad stories of things gone awry. Quite frankly, it's scaring the crap out of this new owner of a beautiful black/black E500.

Could you guys post (on this thread) some stories of success with your cars? Will there be anyone who starts their post with the words "W211 since 2002 with 60000 miles and zero problems to date?"

·
Registered
07 s550 4matic black/black
240 Posts
"w211 since 21 july 2003 with 15000 miles and zero problems to date." (except for the brake recall and everyone had that)

·
Registered
2005 E320 Sedan
411 Posts
I've found that although, yes, European cars in general require more fiddling than their Japanese counterparts, that for the most part, the difference in your experience is the dealer. If you've got an indifferent dealer, any issues you have with your car will be magnified. The same car with a different dealer could be a whole different experience.

Also bear in mind that the people who aren't happy tend to be more vocal than those who are. The happy owners really don't have all that much to say, it seems...

I'd say enjoy your car and don't let others reduce that enjoyment! :)

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
I agree completely with the previous post.

Be aware that one of the main purposes of this discussion board is for MB owners to have a forum to discuss problems/issues they may encounter with other MB owners, who may have already had the problem/issue and identified the solution to it.

The users on this board represent a tiny fraction of total MB owners, and alot of what we talk about here is problems we have had (this includes me). However, the point is not to gripe (well...some do that), but primarily to solve problems. Therefore, you shouldn't be too worried if you read alot about problems/issues on this site, because that is one of the main reasons people post on the site.

BTW, it is entirely true about how the "dealer factor" effects your experience. I have had some minor issues with my car (you would expect some issues with such a technologically complicated machine), but my dealer has been fantastic to work with on these issues and has quickly resolved everything. As a result, I am very happy, and issues aside, I LOVE the E500 driving experience.

My advice, don't worry about issues that "might" show up. Instead, enjoy your car, and feel comfortable knowing that if something does come up, if you have a good dealer, they will take care of you. And keep visiting these forums to keep aware of the issue that are out there, so that if one of them does come up in your car, you will immediately know what it is, and in many cases, what the solution is. This will save you lots of time and frustration, and make it very easy for your dealership to understand and resolve the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts