Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
03 C230k SS, 05 Ducati 749
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to the W211 forum. I previously had a C230K sport sedan...

Re: Stock lugs
I bought an '03 E500 yesterday and bought a set of CLS55 AMG wheels in 19". I don't waste any time! Question, will my stock lugs work on the new wheels? Or will I need to purchase a new set?

I'll post pictures as soon as I confirm fitment.

Re: Lowering air suspension
What's a fair price to pay for lowering the air suspension through the dealer? I read some posts around $300 or so.

I was told by my dealer that no Canadian dealer will perform this simple modification. Look like I'll need t do a road trip to the US. Anyone know of any mod "friendly" dealers in the Pacific Northwest??

Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to the W211 forum. I previously had a C230K sport sedan...

Re: Stock lugs
I bought an '03 E500 yesterday and bought a set of CLS55 AMG wheels in 19". I don't waste any time! Question, will my stock lugs work on the new wheels? Or will I need to purchase a new set?

I'll post pictures as soon as I confirm fitment.

Re: Lowering air suspension
What's a fair price to pay for lowering the air suspension through the dealer? I read some posts around $300 or so.

I was told by my dealer that no Canadian dealer will perform this simple modification. Look like I'll need t do a road trip to the US. Anyone know of any mod "friendly" dealers in the Pacific Northwest??

Thanks everyone!!
I thought no dealer would do SDS lowering. But US members know this better.

The bolts must be 14mm on both. The question is about the bolt length. Measure the visible part on both wheels when you have the wheel detached and a bolt in place. Too long bolts are bad for the rear wheels, you may break the parking brakes, the wheel stops turning etc.

·
Registered
03 C230k SS, 05 Ducati 749
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the pics

Well, i went ahead anyway and installed the rims. If there's any issues, please let me know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts