Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've changed the transmission conductor plate on a 320 with success. Now I have a 2004 E500 That looks like it needs a conductor plate,(Code says speed sensor). My research shows that you cannot switch the conductor plates like you could with the E320. Apparently, they are serialized to the car body and a legit replacement is about $500 or more.. But I have a good spare E500. So here is my question. Can I use the good conductor plate of Mercedes "A" and replace the mounted Control unit with the control control of the original Mercedes "B" unit. I'm hoping that the serialized control unit follows the control unit. Any help?

·
Registered
W123 1985 T-model M110
23 Posts
I've changed the transmission conductor plate on a 320 with success. Now I have a 2004 E500 That looks like it needs a conductor plate,(Code says speed sensor). My research shows that you cannot switch the conductor plates like you could with the E320. Apparently, they are serialized to the car body and a legit replacement is about $500 or more.. But I have a good spare E500. So here is my question. Can I use the good conductor plate of Mercedes "A" and replace the mounted Control unit with the control control of the original Mercedes "B" unit. I'm hoping that the serialized control unit follows the control unit. Any help?
For install VGS , you need renew it, and then it learn to Immo code,then flash and codes.
With flash and coding could help if you have Star diag.
But for renew need special tool or buy new or re-newed.
Or you could try change speed sensor n2 and n3 sells .
If you want put from another car vgs.
You need replace EIS,key,IC,steering lock,and VGS.also engine control unit.

Отправлено с моего GM 5 Plus через Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For install VGS , you need renew it, and then it learn to Immo code,then flash and codes.
With flash and coding could help if you have Star diag.
But for renew need special tool or buy new or re-newed.
Or you could try change speed sensor n2 and n3 sells .
If you want put from another car vgs.
You need replace EIS,key,IC,steering lock,and VGS.also engine control unit.

Отправлено с моего GM 5 Plus через Tapatalk
Thanks Kolleso.
I don't have Star. It does not sound good If I can change just the VGS. To many other parts have to change. I don't completely understand, but it sounds like I have to renew the VGS to work.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,796 Posts
You do not need Star to change the plate on a 722.6 transmission.

You will need a scan tool that can clear the codes from both the ECM and TCM once the plate is replaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Noodles. I agree that the 722.6 doesn't need Star, as I've changed one before. However, this is a 7 speed 722.9 and The information I can find says it's a serialized conductor plate. I'm wondering if I can switch the control module from one Conductor plate to a newer conductor plate? Will the serialized date follow the control module?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally decided to order a "Remanufactured" conductor plate/ It's being "Reflashed" using the VIN number. A bit expensive but it's a drop in repair.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd still like to know if changing the control module from the new conductor to using the original module will retain the original data. That way no reflash would be needed.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,796 Posts
If they are flashing it with the VIN that is all a dealer would do to a new part so it should be ready to go once installed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts