Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to disappoint you....more

Repost from the SLK board :<p>According to Road & Track magazine's Road Test Summary (page 157 in the November 2000 edition), the "old" SLK230 was fastest in slalom at 66.8 mph than every other car (including all Porsche's, BMW's, Ferrari's (with the exception of 360M) and 'Vette's (with the exception of Z06).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read Motor Trend &; Car Driver tests [email protected]

: Repost from the SLK board :<p>According to Road & Track magazine's Road Test Summary (page 157 in the November 2000 edition), the "old" SLK230 was fastest in slalom at 66.8 mph than every other car (including all Porsche's, BMW's, Ferrari's (with the exception of 360M) and 'Vette's (with the exception of Z06). <p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M3 vs C32

How the hell do you know the M3 is faster and handles better than the new C32, none of them are out yet dumbass. Also there has been a Mercedes in car and drivers 10 best, and one more thing: you think $53K is a lot for a C32, the new M3 is going to be priced somewhere around the $50K range also.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am 18 and own '98 M3

because i could not afford MBs last year i bought a used M3. now that i have money, i am going to trade this M3 for C32 when it becomes available.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some facts for you...

<br>The official pre-production 0-100kph (not 0-60mph) figures for both the C32 and M3 are identical at 5.2 seconds.<p>Go to Edmunds.com (or KBB.com) and check the resale value of a '95 M3 and a '95 C36. The C36 is higher, even when you consider the tradein or retail value as a percentage of the original purchase price.<p>Check the reliability of 3-series vs C-class, the C-class is better.<p>M-B actually sells more vehicles in the U.S. than BMW. They have every year since 1997.<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am 22 and own '98 SLK

You are going to made the right choice by buying the MB C 32 AMG and you wont be disappointed. Well done!!<p>I will probably also buy the C32 soon, but even, if I am 100% Mercedes fan, I must admit that the new BMW M3 is going to be a nice car too...<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: M3 vs C32

I agree with you all the way, but that guy is a Bimmer fanatic so he thinks the new M3 is faster than the C 32 AMG... Let him dream!!!<p>P.S: I can only agree, none of them came out, so please, do not say that the new M3 is faster than the C 32 AMG...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can only agree, but...

The SLK is an amazing car, so lets not compare a BMW, with a Mercedes SLK. <p>I know, I know, all the M5 fan are going to say: "I will crush your SLK with my BMW M5"<p>Well, lets wait untill, the SLK 32 comes out... <p>P.S: By the way, I red the same thing, and I have to admit, I was happy, because some people said that the SLK is not a sport car and that MB didnt made sports car...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Although Mercedies is THE great Luxury car in classes ranging from the little C and the bently crushing S 600, I think that it is foolish to not put credit where it is due. BMW and Porsche have both put together better sports cars in the past, than Mercedies. Does anyone dispute that? I personally own a Porsche Boxster S, knowing that the SLK 320 was coming out, why? It simply handled better, the geometry of a mid-engine set up is simply amazing with a suspention setup such as the Boxsters. Is the SLK 320 going to be faster? In a straight line? Quite possibly so, I hope they due Porsche one better by giving the baby Benz a Limited-slip. That's right, even the "S" doesnt get one. I think that anyone on this board should be shocked if the C32 ends up besting the New M3 in any track event, or Handling comparison between the two. I dont want to break anyones hearts, but if the AMG C32 has a base price of only $53K, and recieves the luxurious treatments that only mercedies knows how to provide a car, than it's a steal! As far as a comparison goes, I look forward to seeing what these three cars, M3, C320, and (not to forget), the Porsche 911, have to offer, lets just not forget, as many of us do from time to time, it's German Engineering that we commonly enjoy.<p>: First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C32 order

Have you already ordered your C32. The car has begun to sell out much like the E55. It will be released shortly and demand is already incredibly high. Please contact me to order your C32.<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
class and aspirations

To our BMW friend. It's great to see that you are so loyal. Loyalty is a great quality, much like humility. Mercedes fans are very proud of their cars as well. There is an incredible history behind both vehicles. It is interesting to note, however, that Mercedes never compares their car to any other make. We are not aspiring to be competitive, we are aspiring to build the BEST all around vehicles without sacrifice in any given area. So, I would like to thank you, and Cadillac, Lexus, Jaguar, etc.. for your comparisons to Mercedes-Benz. Can it be coincidence that all these excellent companies continually compare their vehicles to Mercedes-Benz? <p>On a personal note, I know a lot of BMW clients. I don't think that they would find your brash approach representative how they would like to be viewed. Mercedes has tremendous respect for BMW and v.v. BMW owners deserve a better representative.<p>To the Mercedes fans who responded, thank you. All of you show excellent class in your responses. <p>Drive safely.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
: Although Mercedies is THE great Luxury car in classes ranging from the little C and the bently crushing S 600, I think that it is foolish to not put credit where it is due. BMW and Porsche have both put together better sports cars in the past, than Mercedies. Does anyone dispute that? I personally own a Porsche Boxster S, knowing that the SLK 320 was coming out, why? It simply handled better, the geometry of a mid-engine set up is simply amazing with a suspention setup such as the Boxsters. Is the SLK 320 going to be faster? In a straight line? Quite possibly so, I hope they due Porsche one better by giving the baby Benz a Limited-slip. That's right, even the "S" doesnt get one. I think that anyone on this board should be shocked if the C32 ends up besting the New M3 in any track event, or Handling comparison between the two. I dont want to break anyones hearts, but if the AMG C32 has a base price of only $53K, and recieves the luxurious treatments that only mercedies knows how to provide a car, than it's a steal! As far as a comparison goes, I look forward to seeing what these three cars, M3, C320, and (not to forget), the Porsche 911, have to offer, lets just not forget, as many of us do from time to time, it's German Engineering that we commonly enjoy.<p>: First I came from bimmer.org, and your board is less talk, fun and lots of stupid opinion. Second I not saying BMW is the best, but look at C&D, R&T, and Motor Trend, who's fast, better handling, resale value. MBZ never into 10BEST from C&D why? not worth of the price, Third E46 ///M3 is less hp than C32 but check out 0-60, 1/4, handling, styling, fit and finish, and fun to drive, everything is better than C32, just like C36 & C43 are slower than E36 ///M3. You guys might think too many teens owned ///M3, Why? cos is more fun car to drive. AMG-C for $53k, I think MBZ is out of their mind.<p>Check out the annual sales for BMW & MBZ, see who sale more cars<br>Check out the JD Power, see who's in 3rd and who's in 10th <br>Check out the article from every mag. from(U.S., European, Japan, Asian)about the ///M5 vs E55<br>Check out the bimmer.org (best forum) <p>///M S3<br>95 E36 ///M3<br>cosmos blk<p><p><p>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts