Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
C32 is proven better than the E46 M3. Read the automobile magazine. They reviewed S4, E46 M3, and C32. C32 is proven better than E46 M3, expcept the price. 0-60 performance is the same, 5.2 seconds, which I think is not that bad for automatic vs. manual. <p>

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, C32 is proven to have better brake compare to E46 M3. C32 only takes 118 feet from 60-0 compare to E46 M3 which takes 125 feet. No offense, but I also like BMW better than Mercedes, but now, Mercedes release better car compare from the past. <p>If you HAVE money, you can go with C32. E55 is not that bad, wait till you see the new 6 speed automatic transmission on 2003 E-class E50 (New body Style), AMG going to support the new E50 AMG with 5.0L V8 supercharge, which will produce about 450hp. Now, you can push this car to the limit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nope! No shriveled nuts here.

I just turned 33, Just bought my CLK55 AMG, and im happy to report no shriveled nuts here. I also dont think that 33 is considered old. A neighbor of mine, whos an NFL'er Is on his 3rd M3, 4th soon on the way. He did give me the hell tour, and hey I give props to BMW. This thing is a machine! It was was a tough choice for me when he offered to sell me one from his garage, perfect color, custom ordered interior, DINAN aftermarket producing in excess of 370BHP. Still I bought a CLK. I do want the tire vaporizing power, I do want the sharp looks, I do expect some luxury as well. these two cars can go head to head, but it depends what you ultimatley prefer. I want a head turning car that I can take out for a night on the town, still use as a daily driver, and still be able to run with anything out there. I think I have that perfect blend, plus I wanted something a little more exclusive. When I invest in a vehicle, especially a high end vehicle, I want something that might be a little tough for a kid in high school whos pumping gas every spare moment to afford to lease. If the Bimmer driver thinks he has something better, good for him, he made his choice on what he expects, I made mine. To argue a mute point on a message forum seems like time that could be better spent driving. As a matter of fact, thats where im off to.
Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
I own a drop top CLK430 sitting on 19

I own a drop top CLK430 sitting on 19" chrome and let me tell you, from day one I have gotten more ass from that car than any other time. My co-worker owns a M3, nice car, but when we go out in his car, nothing special. BMW's are a dime a dozen, everybody and their mama has one. CLK's are rare (especially conv.) and not every person w/ a $15/hr job can afford one. CLK's by far is a better, more exclsuive vehicle, hands down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont know where you get your statistics from, but in most credible Automotive Magazine...

I dont know where you get your statistics from, but in most credible Automotive Magazines, the C32 AMG beats the M3 from any 0- whatever run. True, the M3 might handle better than the C32, but in speed comparisons, the M3 has nothing on the C32.

As for the E55 comparison, its funny that this "slushbox transmission" devastates the M5 performance wise. "Good performance?" Psh, the E55 DESTROYS the "supreme performance" M5 in ANY 0 to whatever competition.

You say the MBZ has no tuning? Are you deaf? Have you ever heard of Renntech, Brabus or Kleeman? You know, Kleeman, the guys who created the worlds fastest SUV. Renntech tuned the the CLK GTX, a car that will devastate ANY tuned BMW.

Go ahead insult MBZ engines all you want, atleast the C32 enginge doesnt spontaneously EXPLODE.

http://members.roadfly.com/jason/m3engines.htm

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've driven both cars and both have their pros and cons. The m3 no doubt about it feels li...

I've driven both cars and both have their pros and cons. The m3 no doubt about it feels like more of a "driver's car" even though the c32 has more power. The SMG transmission is a great piece of machinery that I hope finds its way to Mercedes in some form. That being said, a Bimmer is still not a Mercedes - For comfort and prestige Mercedes will win on name alone - and the C32 also happens to haul ass. ;0)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
6 Participants
JoshKeaton
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing