Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 e430 with 50k miles and a 1994 e320 cabriolet with 116k on it
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 e430. I have replaced the MAF 3 times and the car still bogs down and hesitates when I step on the gas. I got the CEL codes pulled again and it said IAT sensor. Can anyone tell me where it is located on the car and/or is part of the MAF? I bought one and it is a little black piece.

Furthermore what else could be causing the problem? It definitely is a sensor...

Thanks

·
Registered
1997 S420, 2000 E55
255 Posts
IAT is the Intake Air Temp Sensor and it is a part of the MAF. I think the article below probably outlines your problem.

The real question is, what is the problem causing you to replace the MAF so many times? Are you running K&N air filters or similar? Are you EXTREMELY gentle with the MAF when Installing?

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 E55 W210
89 Posts
i had similar power loss problem which was not solved by new MAF,, what was the problem is hidden intake leaks which over time made the ecu to pull fuel and lean out mixture to the point that major power loss.
check all your vacuum hoses and do a smoke check of your intake , most shops should have a smoke machine these days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts