Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently had my front coils replaced with new OEMS as one of mine was broken. In driving the car now it feels dangerous. On dry pavement it feels ok although I can feel every single bump on the road (and previously it was smoother than this). On icy roads though it's dangerous. It doesn't track properly, will all of a sudden slip to the left or right and it feels like the steering wheel doesn't do much to correct for this. It's not the tires, they are fine. It just feels like there is no weight being placed on the front tires to keep them on the road. I've double checked the spring part number the dealer put in (210-321-33-04) and according to the parts breakdown these are the right springs. I haven't looked for a part # on the springs yet to see if they are this number. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas before I take it back to the dealer.

One other thought I had was I was quoted 4 hours for them to change the springs, but after a full day the mechanic phoned me and told me it was a much harder job than he realized, and he took 2 full days to replace the springs. I'm wondering if he's damaged something. Just thinking out loud.

thx

CB

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't know how many miles are on the car but I have heard on higher mileage cars the front rear subframe bushings wear out and allow the subframe to move around "steering" the car.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
The symptoms sound very much like the wheel alignment, and specifically the toe-in, may have been compromised. Wonder what they removed to replace the springs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts