Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

E420 Sliding Roof Will Not Sync ?

4397 Views 18 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  karl121
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and to the 97 E420. The problem is the sunroof stopped sliding open, it will pop up and slide closed if I manually crank it open then close it with switch. I read on here how to sync it and that worked 2 times then stopped sliding open again and resyncing doesn't help again. I manually cranked it open then removed the switch and used the key to close all windows and roof, but when I use the key in the door to open all windows and roof, only windows open. I have done this with switch connected and disconnected. So I am stumped, I don't think it is the switch or motor. Is there something else I am not looking at. I have tried to find a wiring Diagram online, but have not had luck. Thanks
1 - 1 of 19 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mr. Jones. Please take a moment to complete your user profile ("User CP" link) with your location and vehicle model/year.

The only online place for wiring diagrams to my knowledge is alldatadiy. It isn't free, but is pretty cheap. Otherwise, the diagrams are in the FSM that you can get on DVD from M-B for $150 plus tax and shipping.

I believe (but I'm not sure) that the sunroof on your car is run by N10-1 (signal acquisition module).
1 - 1 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.