Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced my camshaft position sensor in my 95 E420 and it runs and idles rough. It did not run or idle rough before I replaced the sensor. Now its gone back to the same symptoms as before I replaced the sensor Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Why did you replace the sensor?
Wiring harness been replaced?
Codes?

Jonathan

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just took it out for a spin and I had no problems. I replaced the sensor because it would cut off after it heated up and would not start until it cooled. I know nothing about codes. Plus my check engine light never came on.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts

·
W124 Moderator
12,601 Posts
Deano,

Help us out a little here. Fill out your profile so we'll know your location, how many miles on your car? Last tune up, what kind of plugs are you running? The more you can tell us, the better equipped we'll be to help with a solution to your problem.

Jayare

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Live in NC 200k on the car, Last tune up over 3 years. Haven't driven the car 50k myself in 3 years. ? on what type plugs I have. The previous owner is a MB guy so I figured he has the good stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Last tune up was over 3 years?! I know 50k in 3 years is not a lot but regular maintenance is still needed even if the car is not in use. check the wire harness first, than I would give her a full tune up, use OEM none resistor spark plugs. check fuel/air filter. Remove the cap and see if theres corrosion build up if so clean or replace!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts