Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang - Let me start by saying thanks for all the help in the past.
I have a 1997 E420 w/ 196,000+ on it and the original remotes have all quit, the plastic on the trunk and door handle receivers have rotted. I don't have the $$ to replace everything so I wanted to know if anyone has ever installed a aftermarket remote lock & auto start on one of these cars. If so, can you list brand and model?
A fellow with a chassis/body model earlier than w210, purchased one from china via ebay for $16 and it will lock and unlock the car among other things. I figure if I can get one that locks and unlocks and starts the car I can relegate my current keys to emergency status and just use the remote.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
35,769 Posts
I think you have wrong idea to start with.
Per my knowledge all remote starts require original key in the ignition to drive away.
Than your car has sophisticated alarm system that from what I heard was not matched by remote start systems. There is parallel topic in General Section, so you might want to combine your question.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take a peak in the General Section, and I think you're right that the key has to be in the ignition to unlock the steering wheel, forgot about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts