Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 325i
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a new car and was interested in the leasing specials they are having for the E350. Any thoughts on the car, as well as the new engine? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
I considered both an E350 and E500. Both with the 4-matic AWD option. I was certain that I would be driving the E350 because I am very satisfied with my SLK350 which uses the same 268 hp engine. In the end it came down to the price. By the time I added the options I wanted to the 2006 E350 the price hit $61,270. I was able to get into a 2005 E500 that was sitting on the lot since December for $56,700. I prefer the ride with the airmatic suspension. Plus there are other features in the base E500 that are not available in the E350.

·
Registered
2000 C280, 2006 E350, 1993 400E, 2007 SLK55 AMG, 1994 S500, 2008 E320 Bluetec
685 Posts
After waiting forever for mine to get off the boat, I finally took delivery lastnight.

2006 e350
Pewter/Black
Premium Pkg.
Motorola V710 integrated phone (not voice activated)

Sticker was just above $56,000 with phone
Sales price was $51,230 with phone

39 mo. lease @ $625.00 with 7.25% sales tax
~13,500 miles/year - 45k total for all 39 mos
59% residual (US Bank doesn't include phones in residuals)
$6,630 drive off (1st pmt., tax, labor on phone install, cap reduction, aqusition fee, doc fee)

I haven't had the car for 24 hours yet but I am happy with the deal. I've seen "chatter" on the net about 8% discounts and such...I got more than that. You need to kick their butts to get the price down and limit them on the monthly payment. That forces them to squeeze you on the drive off...but when you get to the bursting point on the drive off, they take a few grand off the sticker....either way...you get screwed on a lease...

All I did was consider that the Mercedes program on the e350 now is $4000 drive off and 599/mo plus tax on a stripped model. So I have the same payment, $2600 more out of my pocket at delivery, and one fucking sweet ass ride. I'm glad I didn't go for the e320 in December, although the payment would be about $100 cheaper each month.

Also, I took US Bank over MB Credit because US Bank's offer was better:
Money Factor .00188
Excess Mileage $ .18
Residual 59%

MB Credit was:
Money Factor .00210
Excess Mileage $ .20 < 5000 miles
Excess Mileage $ .25 > 5000 miles
Residual 60% - MB Credit residualizes with the phone. Without the phone is 59%.

I know I was going to be over mileage on me lease at the end, so at least I can control the cost of predicting excess mileage @ .18/mile versus putting that in the lease, which increases the cost of borrowing (lower residual) and higher sales tax.

I negotiated the deal from the internet manager at Calabasas and nobody could get close to the offer.

So for all of you who were in my position yesterday: "should I get one, what are people paying, who has one?"

Get one, nail the dealer's balls to the wall so they take money off the sales end, I have one.

Below are the numbers I had with me when negotiating my deal over the phone. These numbers came from someone at www.autoleaseadvantage.com (I don't know which bank this is):

2006 Mercedes Benz E350

24 mo/15k mi – 68% Residual Value – Money Factor .00300 Base Rate
36 mo/15k mi – 60% Residual Value – Money Factor .00240 Base Rate
48 mo/15k mi – 52% Residual Value – Money Factor .00240 Base Rate
60 mo/15k mi – 48% Residual Value – Money Factor .00310 Base Rate

Add 2% to residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr

If you have any quesitons, e-mail me.
[email protected]

·
Registered
E-350 black 220,000 miles, going strong!
104 Posts
i got mine for $8k under msrp. dont let them tell you different. powers owns many of the dealers. uh oh; youre in ohio. well maybe not the same competiton as cal. i have 10 dealers around here. anyway great car; E350 sedan. i got one friend to buy one also. i bought basic black w/6 cd changer and nav. he got blue with same features plus chrome wheels and sun roof. no way out of the sun roof thing if you want fancy colors other than black or white. so it adds $650 for the color plus $1,000 for the roof plus the chrome thingie. i am basic dont waste money. but now that i have the benz one year and 25,000 miles i think i would have gotten some more bells and whistles. i just didnt knwo i was going to like this car that much. so my advise buy basic for the first one save money for the next one.

·
Registered
E-350 black 220,000 miles, going strong!
104 Posts
yes; i got the same good service and pricing from the internet manager at calabases. however it was beat a bit by the long beach group; probably the same owner of the dealerships. that guy at calabases is good.

·
Registered
07 E350
59 Posts
One of the few perks of staying at my dealer and MBUSA for 19 years is the master lease program. I get my 07 E350 for $102.00 a month and that is no typo. The truth is my wife gets to drive it and I still drive the 88 VW Cabriolet.

·
Registered
07 E63 AMG Black on Black
446 Posts
?????

Butcher said:
One of the few perks of staying at my dealer and MBUSA for 19 years is the master lease program. I get my 07 E350 for $102.00 a month and that is no typo. The truth is my wife gets to drive it and I still drive the 88 VW Cabriolet.
Butcher, not that I question you but I have been a Benz customer for 18+ years, and never was told of a "master lease". $57000 car at $105 a month, what parameters are these numbers based on?
The best lease I ever received was from Citibank as an extension of my corp. Their rates were 15% less than MB Premier rates.

·
Registered
07 E350
59 Posts
As a Master Technician for my dealer, MBUSA has agreed to match my dealerships contribution of $175.00 a month for the entire 27 month lease. So every month I get a bonus of $350.00 to cover my lease payment of $452.00.
It is one way that MBUSA and the dealers to keep the techs and other employees from leaving. Times are changing and so is MBUSA. Too many policies to prevent the dealers from taking care of the customers they way they used to.

·
Registered
03 ML500, 07 E350 Sport
235 Posts
cfpkiller

Looks like an E350 sport? Am I right? Looking at an E350 sport for my wife. Granite grey over black. P2. Loaded. No wood wheel. Thinking we'll opt out of pano roof because of potential rattles, noise. Would have been a nice thing coming out of the convertible, though. Any professional thoughts on that? Also, what kind of pricing should I expect off of sticker? 8K off sticker? Just guessing but is there even that much markup? Any input greatly appreciated. Thanks and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
07 E350
59 Posts
What do you mean, $77/month. Sounds like just a little over 2 hours a month working on it and it would be free! Ha Ha

·
Registered
8 Posts
hehe u got that right. . lol sorry to rub all this in guys!!:D...man this is pretty funny...all these people paying 3 to 6k down and have a payment still over 550.00 a month and here we are the techs driving the same car for a 427.00 and 350 of that is payed for by benz and the dealer. ..pays to be a tech sometimes.

·
Registered
07 E350
59 Posts
cfpkiller said:
hehe u got that right. . lol sorry to rub all this in guys!!:D...man this is pretty funny...all these people paying 3 to 6k down and have a payment still over 550.00 a month and here we are the techs driving the same car for a 427.00 and 350 of that is payed for by benz and the dealer. ..pays to be a tech sometimes.
You've got to be joking. It is a sentence that makes you stay with the poor flatrate times for another 27 months. The way the times are shrinking I feel in 12-18 months I will be paying MBUSA for fixing their problems. I would not have done it except for the wife had to have one. With the times going down I will probably have to get a second job.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah ...but im only 27 years old and im going to be here for a while. But i do see what you mean about these days with warranty not wanting to pay for shit anymore. its alot harder for me to turn that 10-12 hrs a day now. I actaully have to work on 5 to 8 cars to get that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts