Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
SLK230, E350 4MATIC
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the proud owner of a new (to me) 2008 E30 4-Matic and would greatly appreciate inputs from this group o how to create the ultimate "touring" car.
I've driven the Autobahn and realize the E350 is a natural "out-of-the-box" driver, but would still like to consider the fine details many of you have added to your E350s to make them the ultimate touring autos here in the States.
Thanks in advance.
Roberto

·
Registered
mercedes w211 e350, B200 w245, w212 e63 amg 6.2L
1,010 Posts
well i live in australia but i've modified my e350 but just for self happiness.
*sports dual cat back stainless steel exhaust pipe
* Kleemann Extractors
* Brabus ECU
* Kleemann Throttle Box (aka sprint booster but kleemann one is programable)
* Super sport camshaft from Kleemann
* sway bars
* Amg bodykit (for looks lol not performance)
I've never thought of my e350 as a performance car or "touring"
But at the moment it stands at 340BHP.
Which isnt bad for a v6, i do not race in my e350, like i said i just modified it for self happiness.

·
Registered
2017 C43 AMG Sedan, 2007 E350 w/ AMG Sport
26 Posts
* Kleemann Extractors
* Brabus ECU
* sway bars
Which isnt bad for a v6, i do not race in my e350, like i said i just modified it for self happiness.
got any pics? im looking for some of the upgrades as well, sounds like nice ride! :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I dont have a recent picture, and dont get my car back untill this friday from mercedes benz here, its been there for a check up, and also because both the batteries died.
As soon as i get it back i'll be more than happy to post pics up.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.3
178 Posts
* Kleemann Extractors
* Brabus ECU
* sway bars
ugggh !!! How to wreck what was probably once a nice smooth riding car !!!

It will never sound like a V8 - so the exhaust mod is jsut wasted $ ( or wasted mummy and daddys money).
AMG kit on a non-AMG model looks ridiculous (is your name Wayne Kerr ???).

Sway bars other than the MB originals will destroy the Mercedes enginerring - and is totally unsuitable for Sydney's terrible roads.

Sad thing is that you just don't get it - wait about 20 years and read this thead again - you'll realise you win "tool of the week".

Please oh please, take the stupid "mods" off, sell your Merc and go and buy an imported piece of Jap crap - then go and post on NissanRicer .com - all of the FOB's and Lebo's there will just go wild for ya.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
ugggh !!! How to wreck what was probably once a nice smooth riding car !!!

It will never sound like a V8 - so the exhaust mod is jsut wasted $ ( or wasted mummy and daddys money).
AMG kit on a non-AMG model looks ridiculous (is your name Wayne Kerr ???).

Sway bars other than the MB originals will destroy the Mercedes enginerring - and is totally unsuitable for Sydney's terrible roads.

Sad thing is that you just don't get it - wait about 20 years and read this thead again - you'll realise you win "tool of the week".

Please oh please, take the stupid "mods" off, sell your Merc and go and buy an imported piece of Jap crap - then go and post on NissanRicer .com - all of the FOB's and Lebo's there will just go wild for ya.
I respect your opinion mate but im sorry to say, i like my car the way i want i can "wreck it" as you so called say because it is my car.
You do what you like, leave me be.
But to be honest you are the first person to ever say that.
By the way, what i did is not called "riceing", Kleemann and Brabus are two great companys,
Brabus is known to have made the most powerful convertable in the world (mercedes)
And also the most powerful family car.
If you dont know facts please dont act like a dick to others please.
Were all here to do our own thing, learn new things and get help and help others, what these forums were Not made for was being immature and dissing others.

If you ask other members like Noodle's, Evoguy, 6.2amg (respectable people on these forums) as they will agree with me.

·
Registered
2007 E550 4Matic P2,Pano,Voice,Park,Trunk,Fold Seats, Black/Ash;;; 1989 560SL (sold 11/1/10)
292 Posts
Would have been easier to get a 550 and you would have 36 more HP without all the fuss. I never understand guys making the E something it was never intended to be. These guys with the 20's and tint and the rest make me laugh. The other reality is that these cars are horrible investments (if you buy new) and with all the mods you will never see a nickel of that back.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
ok LISTEN UP.
Im 18, in australia you cant drive a v8 untill your on your full licence,
That wont be for another 4 years for me.
Even if i get a e550 or e500 i'll mod it up for my own happiness.
so please get over it.
its my car not yours
Dont you get the point already?

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
ima have to agree with faizano, if he wants to put hydraulics or lambo doors or what ever the hell he wants to do who are you to say he cant? GOD? for real man keep it moving and by the way the generation we live is much different than yours i believe. We like luxury cars and hondas are a past time, oh by the way i bought my 06 e350 CASH and by myself and im 22. People always going to hate or give their opinion when its not needed, the guy like style and obviously has some money and if thats what makes the guy happy why cant he do what he wants. Faizano dont let these fools get to you ma dude just keep doing wha you do cuz there is a million people who would trade their car for yours. Usually i dont really care to back people up on forums but i had enough of hate comments and people bashing other peoples cars. Just keep it to yourselves if its not productive... What you expect, him to sell his car cuz you told him to? HAHA be real man :D

·
Registered
SLK230, E350 4MATIC
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys,
Many thanks for the responses, as I've really enjoyed the bantor.
I'm an old guy (relatively speaking) who has owned and driven everything short of a Ferrari, and would like to get the most out of endurance motoring in a modest example of German engineering. Done the fast stuff... just looking to enjoy life now.
If there are any geezers out there with the least amount of elan, I will be more than grateful to hear from you.
Thanks.
(Just kidding about the geezer part!)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
ima have to agree with faizano, if he wants to put hydraulics or lambo doors or what ever the hell he wants to do who are you to say he cant? GOD? for real man keep it moving and by the way the generation we live is much different than yours i believe. We like luxury cars and hondas are a past time, oh by the way i bought my 06 e350 CASH and by myself and im 22. People always going to hate or give their opinion when its not needed, the guy like style and obviously has some money and if thats what makes the guy happy why cant he do what he wants. Faizano dont let these fools get to you ma dude just keep doing wha you do cuz there is a million people who would trade their car for yours. Usually i dont really care to back people up on forums but i had enough of hate comments and people bashing other peoples cars. Just keep it to yourselves if its not productive... What you expect, him to sell his car cuz you told him to? HAHA be real man :D
lol thanks bro :),
(by the way im not getting lambo doors and i never was getting hydraulics lol).
Because i thought it over and lambo doors would be over doing it, and thats not how id like my car to be.
Im just keeping my car as it is when i get it back :p .
I've moded up my car but with companys like Kleemann and brabus, well known companys rather then just slapping random stuff into the car to make it better,
I've also got the AMG body kit because i wanted to keep it original and not aftermarket crap lol.
but once again, thanks alot really appreciate it.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,119 Posts
Well in the spirit of keeping the thread off topic LOL

The way I see it it is his E350. He has done some mods. Some people like them some people
object. At least object with some sort of decorum.

In case some members were not aware, the driving permit laws are very tough on young
people down under. No V8s and no forced induction at his age.

So he gets parts from the some of the most respected suppliers in the business and
even gets a dealer to install them. His choice and actually some great mods to get
around the oppressive limits put on engine limits for young drivers in Australia.

To compare the mods or the car to a hopped up ricer is a laugh because it could not
be farther from the truth. It may be an opinion, but not a fact.

Let Faizano enjoy his youth and his car. I wish I could done that when I was his age.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts