Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as how the engines are the same in the W211 E350 and the W212 E350, is there a difference in the throttle response/acceleration between the two generations when the transmission is set to "E" in the w212 versus "C" in the W211? They should essentially be the same since the concept is to start out in 2nd gear for a more comfortable driving experience. I'm asking because I currently have a 2007 E350 that I typically drive in "S" mode, but I know the w212s default to "E" mode and I was wondering if the W212 in "E" mode drives like my W211 in "C" mode....if that makes any sense at all. I know there are some previous W211 owners who I'm sure could chime in. Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a 2012 C, but I promise it's the same in this respect. It too annoyingly defaults to E every time its driven. E mode appears to be identical to C in the older models. There is a huge difference between the two modes. More so than in my old C class which had C / S mode - but that one had a much smaller engine so that might be why. E is very linear and conservative. S is very sporty and free-revving - you can really hear the exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I have a 2012 C, but I promise it's the same in this respect. It too annoyingly defaults to E every time its driven. E mode appears to be identical to C in the older models. There is a huge difference between the two modes. More so than in my old C class which had C / S mode - but that one had a much smaller engine so that might be why. E is very linear and conservative. S is very sporty and free-revving - you can really hear the exhaust note.
Please explain, my wife has a 2010 E350, are you saying there is a difference in C vs S in more than just the suspension settings? Does it change the shift points or anything else? TIA.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Tranmission settings

Please explain, my wife has a 2010 E350, are you saying there is a difference in C vs S in more than just the suspension settings? Does it change the shift points or anything else? TIA.
There are no changes in the suspension settings. Only remapping tranny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts