Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
E320T 4Matic -02 (W210 Avantguard)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there!
This is my 1:st post on this great forum, hopfully I can get som tips...

My 320 has 150' km on the clock, served completely through the years, but I have a problem.

When cold (I live in Sweden and today it was -15C brrr...) the gearbox have some problems keeping the revs on an even level.
At even speed (lets say 80 km/h on cruicecontrol) the revcounter jumps +/- 500 rpm.
When I accelerate there are no probs, and when the car is up to temprature the problem is gone...
I have set a date with the garage to change transfluid, can this solve the problem? Any other ideas?

Regards,
Kent in Sweden...

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Välkommen, Kent.

If you've never changed the fluid, there is a good chance the problem is related to that. The service is past due, so I wouldn't look for other things until that is taken care of.

Also, please click user cp and add your vehicle and location to your profile, it's useful going forward. And take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the HELP/DIY sticky topics; most of the stuff that will come up with your car is covered in there. There is an excellent FAQ document about your transmission, too. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
E320T 4Matic -02 (W210 Avantguard)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx for the tips...

I've just bought the car and can't be sure, even if the service is complete (MB service only), that the transfluid is changed, so I'll try the change and keep my fingers crossed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts