Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic 4 door sedan
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a newbie,I havebeengetting conflicting answers to my simple question. How many fans in this model? I have been told dthere are 2 aux fans,I cant find them! There is one drive fan (engine cooling).and thats a;; I can fomd? Whats the answer?Regards, Abe G

·
Registered
1999 E300 TD
46 Posts
Your car either has one electric fan attached to the radiator.
or
One belt driven fan and two aux electric fans in front of the condenser.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fans in e320 year 2000

Thanks for all the correct answers! Previous "experts" gave wrong info so treat all answeres with a little salt before going with wrong information. Regards, Abe G

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
Thanks for all the correct answers! Previous "experts" gave wrong info so treat all answeres with a little salt before going with wrong information. Regards, Abe G
Easy now! If you don't even know what an electrical fan looks like, you should not even open the hood. As was mentioned to you above, MB has many variations if you were even bother to read!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To Eagleone: Your aggressive reply warrants an answer! As an old aviation mechanic I have some slight mechanical experience.. The conflicting (wrong) answers to my question prompted my post. get that chip off your shoulder! Abe G

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
You attitude towards previous members who where trying to help you is not right. Now comes to qualifications, mine way overwrites you ... and yes, my official and expert advice is .... "read"!

END

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,705 Posts
For the record we don't have expert here, although some might want to be one.
Keep in mind that all we have is our experience with our cars and some extra gained on the forum. I was pretty sure that 2000 has the same configuration as 1999 model, but not being 100% sure I posted the note about the year it applied.
Some might not go that far and assume your car has to be the same as theirs, while in fact MB like to change some stuff several times in single production year.
Taking it with grain of salt apply to everything in this World and I still think you got well more advise than your money worth. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts