Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have Mercedes E320 matic 2001, I have a problem for a week, when the car is off , the windows go down and the sunroof open on their own, sometimes the alarm system goes off , and when I drive the car, after the doors lock, they unlock on their own after a while,

I live in Newfoundland Canada and the dealer has no clue so far.

any advise.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Bad

pse module or combination control module.Why don't they just swap in a known good one and see if that clears the problem.Also water in the battery area due to various plugged drains has caused shorts that create problems you have so that needs to be checked out also.
all those items you mention are controlled by the ccm.Dealer should be able to talk to it through their diagnostic computer.
:bowdown:

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
or

something pressing on the mirror switch,and you wonder why it is going all over the place and click,click,clicking:thumbsup:
Good tip
that or the ccm

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again,
What do you mean by pse module or combination module, I heard today some noise or like click from underneath the rear seat, so when I took the rear seat away, I gound like a module near the battery is clicking and the windows and sunroof keep going up and down.

Please I really need a help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought so in the first place, I put the remote control away and the same thing happened, now I notice that the towing button in the console is always on.
I was wondering if it has anything to do with that!

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
That is where the pse module is located

on your year I am pretty sure.Someone with an 01 have the same problem?

For example, the act of opening a door in a W210 generates this kind of chatter on the CAN bus:

"Front dome lamp :
The left/right front door switches (S17/3, S17/4) conduct a ground
signal to the PSE control module (A37). In turn, the PSE control module (A37) sends a CAN message "Door open" to the roof control panel control module (N70)."
so a lot of info is going on from the pse.If you hear it chattering away it may be cooked.they should have found a b1729 code if it is bad,but then again sometimes codes that should show up don't:eek:
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really appreciate it,
Again according to the dealer, hye couldn't find any code, but again he is very small dealer and it's a private one ,I'll ask him to check the pse module.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
It is possible. however unlikely, that your very small dealer does not know what they are doing? You also have not told us where you are, that might help. Is there another dealer or independent shop near you that has a good reputation for German cars?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I stated earlier, I live in Canada in a province called Newfoundland, there is only one private dealer that is not qualified from two experiences with him, and I really can't take the idea of riding another car, and not proper time for me to buy brand new one, I believe the pse module or vacuum pump is very highly the cause behind the problem, as I was bold enough today to take the two sockets that go to the pse and every problem I had is gone, the towing button in the console is lastly off, the doors are not locking and unlocking on their own( but I have to lock them manually right now), the windows are working properly just from the buttons inside the car and not going down on their own anymore so far, the sunroof as well, so again I believe the problem is in the pse module or if there is anything that gives the signals to it.
So I would appreciate your advise guys.

Mazin.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
The

CCM relays info to the PSE so like I said have them check both.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
That has

got to be the funniest thing said yet:thumbsup::big laugh:
:bowdown:eek:hlord

·
Registered
899 Posts
Mine did this twice

I finally tracked down the problem.

It is the *(^*$#%^$##@^ American made cup holder, Again!

if you put a cold drink in the cup holder and the moister condenses, it then drips down onto the side view mirror control.
Directly under the mirror control is the windows computer. The moisture shorted mine out and the windows would open on there own, sun roof open etc.

flip open the top of the console and let it dry, all SHOULD return to normal.

B

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does this windows computer have anything to do with the alarm system, as mine does on on its own some times, and which part of the console should I flip open!

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, but have to tried to reboot the computers? There is a writeup in the forum, but I think you disconnect the battery, turn the key on, floor the gas pedal and hold it down for 30-60 seconds. This will reset the computers. Of course you'll need your radio code and will have to resynch windows, headrests, ESP/BAS. etc, but it may be worth trying.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi again guys,
There is some progress in my case, I stated earlier that I took the two sockets that go to the pse module out, and the car is driveable, now the new thing that happened today is I decided to put the big socket back to see what's gonna happen,

Guess what, I have my doors lock and unlock normally, I can use my remote control to lock and unlock the doors and the trunk, from the button line , everything got back to normal apart from my alarm system is disabled( who needs it anyway, as I live in a very safe community, for sure I won't say so to my insurance company) , and I can't control the windows and the sunroof from the remote control( no need for this as well till I figure out the real problem.

But still one problem left, I tried to insert the code for my radio, I was stupid enough to do that incorrectly three times in raw, now I got the wait instead of the code on my radio.
I was wondering if there is any advice, I took the battery cable out and put it back but still the same!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
You

need to wait the predetermined time for the radio to be reset the time after false entry tries might be in the radio book.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts