Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear seat latch on my '04 E320 Wagon appears to be jammed and will not allow release and folding of seat back. This is on the driver side as passenger side works fine. The driver side release lever on top of seat back lacks the feel of engaging the latch mechanisam so I'm speculating something got disconnected.

Anyone with a diagram of the latch mechanism or other suggestions of getting into the area to manually release the latch?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had the same thing on my '04 E500 Wagon. I'll be very specific to try to save you the work I did :( Looking at the seat back from in front of it. Driver's side which is the 60 part of the 60/40 seat back. Latch doesn't seem connected to anything. After I took the upholstery off and pried the latch mechanism open, I saw a rod running vertically down the left side of the mechanism. I tried lifting it and nothing, pressing it down released the latch. If I had it to do over, I would spend a lot of time trying to put a screwdriver down the left side of the latch and pushing down on the top of this rod. I would go as far as to lift the latch fully, then drill a 1/2" hole or otherwise remove some of the plastic latch on the left side to get to the rod. Removing the upholstery is not easy and parts break.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my 2005 E320 wagon , both middle seats backs are stuck.
Can I assume the release rod is on the outside or the release handles
(between the latch and the door)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts