Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a E320 with the bose upgrade as well as a CD changer and the standard audio tape drive.<br>
<br>
What is the process to have all the volume levels close to the same value so you can change from CD to tape or from radio to tape without having to change the volume level?<br>
<br>
<br>
The tape volume is about 6db to 8db below the CD and Radio. I tested the volume level with several commercial tapes and used a Radio Shack Sound pressure meter as well as just listening. The tape volume default seems at least 2 times lower than the CD or Radio. One can also count clicks while turning the manual volume control or count bars on the volume display and the tape requires<br>
2 times as many clicks or bars on the bar graph.<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks for any advice. <br>
<br>
<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First, clean the tape head. Dirt build up on the tape head would reduce the volume and high frequencies.<br> Second, make sure you listen to the same type of programming for the volume comparison. Rock appears to be louder than Jazz.<br> If your unit is a Becker unit, check the code card for the BE model number, send me an e-mail and I will check if there is anything else we can do to equalize the volume.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: E320 Tape Volume vs Radio or CD Volume

Tape heads are cleaned, no change. I have not used that much until now anyway. Car is 4 months old.<br> <br> Yes, same kind of music used on CD, Tape, Radio in my testing. <br> <br> Code card serial number BE 6003 1 1041638<br> <br> Rick

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Horst your Response to E320 Tape Volume vs Radio or CD Volume

Horst:<br> <br> I have a MB service appointment Friday morning. 12000 miles. Any advice you could give me on the volume level mixing control would be helpful.<br> <br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just received an MB10 for my SLK and it has the same problem. It has an AL in front of the serial

number. In addition, since I am in the US and the MB10 is not available here, could you point me to any online or offline resources as my dealership doesnt know how to deal with this issue.<br> Thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I just received an MB10 for my SLK and it has the same problem. It has an AL in front of th....

You said to email you the BE number but I can not find you email address in any post.<br> <br> Can you tell me your email or use the following BE number to give me some advice<br> . BE 6003 1 1041638<p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts