Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 99' E320 my sunroof recently would not close. After some jiggling of the switch, it finally closed. My local MB mechanic said the switch is going bad. Since this is part of the whole dome light assembly its expensive! I wanted to inspect the switch and see if cleaning the contacts would help. I removed the clear lenses in the dome light, and tried a few different methods to release / remove the dome light assembly. What is the trick??!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm not 100% sure so you may have to play with it. If the battery has been removed, some functions will not work correctly. For instance, some or all of the windows will not go down automatically. You must hold the button partially to get the windows up or down.. For the sunroof, mine would open or close but only partially. IOW, it would only open about a third of the way ate a time. And, the button would not function properly. I would have to hold it in a different position to work. If this sounds like your problem, open all the windows and tilt up the back of the sunroof. Then , push and hold the lock button on the remote. (actually, you may have to push it a second time and then hold it). Hold it until all the windows go up and the sunroof closes. If that doesn't work, close all the windows and lock the car. The, push the unlock button on the remore and hold it until all the windows and sunroof opens. You'll have to play with it. (I'm not 100% sure the sunroof will open with the remote but it will close.) In any event, once it works the system is snched and the windows should work normally again. Someone else may be able to give a better and more accurate description of the process.

·
Registered
99 e320
7 Posts
Thanks E300POS That so helped me. I'd been dealing with my 99 e320 sunroof switch. Trying to figure it out, see it would open with open switch then it wouldn't close unless you use the tilt switch.Then sometimes it would only open 4 inches at a time. I thought I had an relay switching problem. Then I came across your post as I was hoping to find out what was wrong with it. Looks like I only had to reset/ Sequence the windows and sunroof, as stated in your post. Well the reply you made to the E320 sunroof switch question. Thanks again you saved me a lot of work. Ken

1 - 5 of 5 Posts