Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Me again. The '95 I looked at was a W124.

The car's in fairly decent shape. What do you think it's worth?

1) New Michelin tires
2) Original Head Gasket, but no signs of a leak
3) Original Harness
4) Closing the sunroof is extremely sluggish
5) Interior at 60% of new quality, but no rips.
6) Two small parking lot dents that should be able to be removed via paintless dent repair.
7) The paint on one jacking point has flaked off.
8) Drove smoothly.
9) I forgot to check the oil.
10) Pulsing when braking (needs turned rotors and new pads)-> is this a DIY?
11) 124K miles.

He wants $6,500, but I'm willing to pay 4,500-5,000.

Pics at http://home.austin.rr.com/mgraziano/
Thoughts?

-Mike

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
That asking price seems a bit high considering the condition.

·
Registered
1976 BMW 2002. 1991 250TD. 1995 E320. 2018 Honda Africa Twin
2,714 Posts
the asking price doesnt seem that unreasonable to me. seeing as it is a 10 year old car, it should not be cosmetically perfect. and it drives well.

also, all the 95's were special edition (i think)

i would try to lower the price by virtue of the inevitable wiring harness and head gasket you will have to do, but even at his current price it doesnt seem unreasonable.

check out autotrade.com for prices in your local area and compare.

if he has service history, that will more than make up any difference in value. better that price with full (verified) service history than a little less without.

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Now that you added the pictures... I think I envisioned the quality of the car a little lower in my head when I read your description. That asking price is fine. The car looks just like mine. You probably can get the price down a little bit but most likely lower than $5,000. Good luck!

·
Registered
1982 Peugeot 504 Familiale
1,730 Posts
If those low-res pics are anything to go by, the car looks fairly decent for what it is. Here in Saudi, a car like this would be worth around the equiv. of the guy's asking price (25 to 30k riyals).
I wouldn't worry about having the rotors turned. They are pretty cheap, so I would just replace them if I were you (and yes, it is a DYI job - I did it [:)]).
consider the wiring harness and the head gasket standard maintenance, and nothing more. I wouldn't worry about the dents and scrapes, other than using them as price-haggling points. Good luck.

Shady

1 - 5 of 5 Posts