Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2005 E320. I parked yesterday next to a 2006 E350 and a 2005 E320CDI. I noticed that front end in both were lower than my car by about 1 and 1/2 inches. Talked to the owners and the other two cars are totally original never touched, so it is mine. Is it possible that MB has different height standars for cars that are practically identical? Can anyone bring light to this subject? Thanks

·
Registered
2004 E500
194 Posts
i don't know but you might want to post up in the W211 sub-section im sure they can answer any question you may have there.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
I have an 2005 E320. I parked yesterday next to a 2006 E350 and a 2005 E320CDI. I noticed that front end in both were lower than my car by about 1 and 1/2 inches. Talked to the owners and the other two cars are totally original never touched, so it is mine. Is it possible that MB has different height standars for cars that are practically identical? Can anyone bring light to this subject? Thanks
You don't mention if you are from the US? Euro Avantgard would have different suspension from Classic and Elegance (I assume non is with AMG suspension since you don't mention). Also Classic and Elegance can be ordered with the lower suspension option. Any of these cars could come with Airmatic too (in Europe) which would make a difference.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
Airmatic is the likely difference, as USA doesn't have classic, elegance and avantgarde.

Might also verify your car has correct tires/wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for answering. The car runs beatifully and I am very pleased with it but I noticed that difference and wanted to find out. I am actually from Argentina and the MBs sold here are the european models. Mine is a E320 Elegance. I will check with the dealer during my next 50K km service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts