Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'94 E320
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options? Most people would say take it to a muffler shop and have them throw something together but I simply dont know a good place. I'm close to resolving the steering issue I was having and I want to start thinking about other upgrades, so what exhausts are worthwhile and do they show any increase? What other small and considerably inexpensive mods are avaliable, if any? There really doesn't seem to be much...

·
Registered
R129 SL 500 97, W124 E320 Coupé 96, W124 300E twin turbo 90, W126 300 SE 91, Ford Capri 2.8i 84
249 Posts
The only option for me is replacement OEM. I've done that and, after checking around, the price wasn't that much more than OEM-quality parts from non-dealer sources, and my mechanic was emphatic about the superior quality of MB's own exhausts. That said, many are happy with Eberspächer, HJS and other OEM-quality brands.

Having fitted stainless steel to my non-MB car -- little option as no OEM parts are now available and the club parts don't have the best reputation -- I would not do it on the MBs because of the noise factor.

If you are talking about modified systems and other more cosmetic issues, I can't help. I like to keep my cars as close to original spec as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts