Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has accumulated the most mileage on their E320 CDI, and what issues have you had?

I will start with me.
06 model 57,000 miles- New brake control unit(warranty)

Love this car 37 mpg hgwy

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
I don't have one but I had a look at our local used cars from an internet site and among the first 20 E-class models I found two that were driven more than 500 000 km (OK, the list was from cheapest to more expensive and I did not look at more pages than the first 20).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hmmmm.

Mine is a 2005 E320CDI and it has 65,000 miles on it. Nothing but glow plug 5 has been replaced. the EGR valve sets a code every 20k miles or so and I have the reset tool to reset it and do. The right side door switch for the seats has to be replaced and that is because of the headrest part but it is all one piece. I finally obtained a copy of WIS or a likeness thereof. The car has gone through one set of tires and new ones with 17" chrome mercedes rims have gone it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
05 CDI

126,000. Nothing major. EGR, Glow Plugs. I did replace both batteries, the belt, belt tensioner and pulleys at 120,000. Heard blower motor starting to squeak and I am getting ready to do a water pump.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am glad you brought this up. I have 90,000 miles on my '05 and the wife said I should get a new one. While I like the idea in principle, I can't say I'm anxious to have car payments again. :) Besides which I'm not a fan of the W212 body style.

So, I told her I could drive this one for 300,000 miles - does that sound realistic? So far, my only issues have been what seem to be usual for this vehicle; EGR, Glow Plugs and some front suspension work on top of the routine maintenance.

Anyone out there with more than 200K miles on theirs?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'll chime in.

2006 model, 80,000 miles and nothing major..
Glow plugs replaced at 62k, Akebono ceramic pads at 75k, and now I have an issue with an internal baffle in the muffler..

As an aside, my car is not getting in the upper 30's on mpg no matter how I drive but I am going to the shop soon and will have them look at the thermostat and possibly replace with the 92 degree unit.. The internal temp does not even get up to 60 during the morning commute, with the car is reporting around 30mpg 'tho..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I guess mine is one w/ lower miles on the clock. 12,200 on a 2008 E320 Bluetec. No problems except Engine Light came on because of leak at air filter housing. Was fixed by dealer under warranty.
The best mileage I ever got was 37.5 mpg.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Grille Badges

Along the same topic, I have heard that MBZ gives out grille badges to owners when their cars have reached certain milestones. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, at what threshold does MBZ bestow this honor?
Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Along the same topic, I have heard that MBZ gives out grille badges to owners when their cars have reached certain milestones. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, at what threshold does MBZ bestow this honor?
Thanks!
Not sure what the reward actually contains. Yes, MB has programs in North America to reward high mileage mb cars.

·
Registered
171 Posts
High Mileage Rewards

Thanks for the reply. I spent some time searching the MBUSA site and finally found this info (for anyone interested):

The Mercedes Benz Classic High Mileage Award is presented to owners whose vehicles have logged 155,000 miles or more. It consists of a traditional Star and Laurel grille badge and a Certificate in a formal presentation holder. Awards are given at five (5) milestones.

1) 155,000 miles (250,000 km)
2) 312,000 miles (500,000 km)
3) 466,000 miles (750,000 km)
4) 625,000 miles (1,000,000 km)
5) 1,000,000 miles (1,610,000 km)

You simply complete an application available online from MBUSA and take it to your dealer for odometer verification and turn it in. I think I can get the first one with no problem. The others may take me a while... ;)

BTW: according to the MBUSA website, the world record holder for high mileage is a Greek taxi driver who has put more than 2.8 million miles on his 1976 240D.

:bowdown:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chiming in for historical sake

2005 320 CDI -- 92,334 miles as of this post.

Parts replaced this afternoon:
Batteries this afternoon (they were original mfg date of 2003, replaced preventatively)
Engine Drive Belt (Amazingly, also original)

Major Parts replaced since ownership:
EGR Valve 84,000 miles-ish
Glow Plugs 80,000 miles

Car is on its 3rd set of tires and second set of brakes. Runs like a top. Not a squeak, not a rattle. Solid as an anvil.

Take care of them and they take care of you.

·
Registered
171 Posts
First 100K miles

My '05 CDI turned over 100,000 miles last month and now has 104K on it today. My goal is to hit 300K as I told my wife when when we bought it I wouldn't need another car for 15 years - that made her happy. :bowdown:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have ben searching for an E270 or 320 cdi (think I may have found one, will be my first Merc!) came across this, is a 220 not a 320 but big mileage!

300,000 miles, ONE FORMER KEEPER VERY WELL LOOKED AFTER MERCEDES E220 CDI ESTATE AUTO/TIP.2004,AVANTGARDE,300000 MOTORWAY MILES,WITH BLACK LEATHER,CLIMATE AC,XENON LIGHTS,MOT TAX,FULLY SERVICED,LOOKS DRIVES SUPERB,NO FAULTS NO WORRIES,NICE G.BOX VERY GOOD ENGINE,NO SMOKE,VERY CHEAP NO OFFERS. £4,999.

on Autotrader: LINK

·
Registered
238 Posts
Way up there

I have 2005 E320 CDI and it has at present 186,000 miles on it with no problems other than the passenger switch for seat is loose and sometimes does not work but for 435 dollars they can shove the switch.

·
Banned
932 Posts
I have 2005 E320 CDI and it has at present 186,000 miles on it with no problems other than the passenger switch for seat is loose and sometimes does not work but for 435 dollars they can shove the switch.
How you putt 120000 miles for 6 months since your last post in this tread? Or you have two 05 CDI's?:eek:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts