Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Today while driving in my W211 E320 CDI, 03' I encountered shaking. The steering wheel is shaking, and the car is shaking as well.

In the last couple of weeks the car has informed about changing the brakes, or doing service of the brakes.

What is wrong with the car?

·
Registered
2006 Merc E320 cdi
983 Posts
I would follow the messages and look at the brakes first. It's dobutful if problems with the brake pads would cause alignment issues, but that's probably the issue with the shaking steering wheel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the quick answer.

The car doesn't shake that much, but you can feel it, and if you let go of the steering wheel, it shakes and most of the times it shakes to the left. In the same time you can hear a barely noticeable sound, from under the car at the front?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
95SS(165k) 06CDI(SOLD) 2014 GLK250
396 Posts
bring it to a mechanic!!

how the heck are we going to diagnose a problem like this, obviously theres something wrong and its not going to be solved by us telling you step by step how to do it so b4 something really goes bad and you hurt yourself or others bring it to the shop!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bring it to a mechanic!!

how the heck are we going to diagnose a problem like this, obviously theres something wrong and its not going to be solved by us telling you step by step how to do it so b4 something really goes bad and you hurt yourself or others bring it to the shop!

Well I know something's wrong thats why I wrote the forum, maybe someone have had the same problem just so I could get an idear about what's wrong before sending it to a mechanic, it could turn out it was something I could fix myself. Guess that the general purpose about having a forum sharing your expirenses helping others with same problems, right?.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The car have now been to a mechanic, it was actually the left tire that was defect. The tire had got a large bubble, because the tire was ruined inside. If I just drove a little more on that tire, it would have exploded, and it would be fatal.

So I got a new tire on, and everything is good now.

Thanks for your help anyway ;)

·
Registered
2006 Merc E320 cdi
983 Posts
The car have now been to a mechanic, it was actually the left tire that was defect. The tire had got a large bubble, because the tire was ruined inside. If I just drove a little more on that tire, it would have exploded, and it would be fatal.

So I got a new tire on, and everything is good now.

Thanks for your help anyway ;)
Glad to hear it. Sometimes solutions to what could sound like major problems can actually be pretty simple..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.