Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
G class , E class , several W 124
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's coming from the front left wheel and it's driving me crazy.It appears when the car hit bumps.Do you think it's a problem?

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
1,133 Posts
Could be anything... Squeak is pretty ambiguous symptom... can you be more specific or imitate the sound for us?

Could be Bad shocks... or need a lube job!

·
Registered
G class , E class , several W 124
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i press the fender down it makes the sound.It's not bouncing ,so it's not the shocks.This lube job can i do it myself?

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
Cars haven't been designed to get "lube jobs" for about 30 years now.

Your car is still under warranty--ask dealer to fix the problem. Squeeks are NOT normal.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
5,049 Posts
It's coming from the front left wheel and it's driving me crazy.It appears when the car hit bumps.Do you think it's a problem?
It may be a damaged or torn upper ball joint sealing boot on upper control arm. If this is the case, the joint needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
It may be a damaged or torn upper ball joint sealing boot on upper control arm. If this is the case, the joint needs to be replaced.
I agree this sounds like a joint issue instead of Airmatic. But in my opinion it could also be the lower ball joint. I've had the lower ones replaced from two W211 cars where none of the upper control arm joints needed service (although other cars have had the latter).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts