Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My E320 had the no kickdown issue - diagnostics indicated a faulty turbo actuator. Replaced the actuator and kickdown now works.

However, if I give the car full throttle, I get the expected response initially, but then the power cuts in and out rapidly as if I was rapidly pressing the gas on and off. If I accelerate less aggressively everything's fine - it's only if I kickdown hard, for example to overtake.

Any ideas, anybody?

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts
Is it electric actuator or vacuum? Electric actuators are calibrated to work w/the turbo they been sold with, thus the actuator rod can be little bit longer or shorter and now seems like you are over boosting at full throttle.

·
Registered
2006 E280
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for your response. It's electric. I bought it from a well known auction site as it was cheaper than having the faulty one refurbished.

Is it possible to calibrate the replacement actuator with the old turbo, or should I get the original one refurbished?

Or should I replace the whole turbo unit?

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts
It is possible but will be long process of trial and error and will be possible only if the rod is adjustable, some are not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts