Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 900 classic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister was just driving her 94 E 320, on the highway going 70mph, and the acceleration just stopped randomly. The check engine lite was on. She is now in the breakdown lane and the car won't start, does anyone have ANY clue what this could be based on what I've said? If you know please help! Thanks

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
It's almost impossible to determine the fault in a forum like this one while the car is still out there, as there are way too many factors involved. I think it would be prudent to have the car towed rather than guesswork on a roadside in the middle of nowhere. Even assuming that the fault is pinned, there is no guarantee that it can be fixed on the spot.

Shady

·
Registered
1994 MB E320
197 Posts
Shady is correct. Just as a guess though, it may be the wiring harness. Is it the original one or has it been replaced?

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
Check the fuel pump relay, and alternator.

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,730 Posts
A cracked head can cause you to lose compression and lose all accelleration. This is an expensive problem -- but rare on Mercedes. This is very common for Ford Tauruses (their water pumps die every 30,000 miles or so) -- that's why I bought a Merc!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts