Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
E320 4Matic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Colorado at 8,500' and recently purchased a 2000 E320 4Matic. I am looking to replace the Continental tires with an all season tire that will perform well in winter but not be so soft it wears out in 20,000 miles. Suggestions?

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
In the order I would recommend them

Bridgestone Turanaza LS ("H" rated)
50k warranty ...

In the order I would recommend them

Bridgestone Turanaza LS ("H" rated)
50k warranty / 30 day test drive

Michelin Energy MXV$ PLus ("H" Rated)
no mileage warranty

·
Registered
E320 4Matic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nokian NRW

I have recently had a suggestion for Nikian NRW tires. 50,000 mile warantee, directional tread, 4 season tire, H rated. It is made in Finland.

I like the Turanza LS-H but want to be sure it is good for winter traction. Thoughts on comparing these two?

Thanks - Rod

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
I have not driven the Nokian so, I can not offer a true comparison ... sorry

I have not driven the Nokian so, I can not offer a true comparison ... sorry

·
Registered
300CE, NSX, Miata
145 Posts
Re: Nokian NRW

I have recently had a suggestion for Nikian NRW tires. 50,000 mile warantee, directional tread, 4 season tire, H rated. It is made in Finland.
I just got the new Nokian WR tires, which replace the NRW. The tires fit great, and the tread has that "I mean business" look to it.

I'll post more input once it gets colder in Chicago.

·
Registered
E320 4Matic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nokian Tires

Thanks for the response... and yes, I would like to know your experience as the weather gets more into winter conditions. I too lived in the Midwest and know this can be a challenge on several levels - especially the snow and ice kind.

Rod

·
Registered
2000 CLK320 Cabrio
5 Posts
Winter Tires

I just put a set of Toyo Proxes FZ4's on my CLK. They are a High Performance All Season. They came well recommended and they handle great in dry weather. No snow yet so the jury is out on how well they work in the white stuff.

Your 4Matic would probably do than my CLK in the snow.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts