Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, having trouble with my e320 2005. After starting it has rough idle then stops. Starts again a few times and runs quite normal when it gets warm. Got the engine light on and read the error codes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It does makes sense that the temp sensor affects this.

Couldn't find the spare right away, is it a separate part?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I have seen this throttle-lever-flap-fix when looking for the P2004 on my 350 with the m272.

I didn't notice that the m112 had similar issues?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
35,996 Posts
I have simple way to proceed with repairs when I have multiple codes.
I start always with the easiest and cheapest.
So most of the time they are filters.
Than I go to next 1 and in this case your sensor is definitelly easier.
Scanners are not always very precise in pinpointing the malfunction, so this way I avoid jumping big guns, where code might be side effect.
Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I start always with the easiest and cheapest.
I also try to do the same, thus one does not always know what is the cheapest to start with. Normally I just google and look for parts, tricks and hints.

According to this guide: https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb/Download/18079/7114
the tempe sensor is mounted on the MAF and is not separate item, so the complete MAF needs to be replaced. However this doesn't make sense with the error code stating it is the left side of the V6 engine. Anyways I can not see anymore components related to this either.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,822 Posts
I also try to do the same, thus one does not always know what is the cheapest to start with. Normally I just google and look for parts, tricks and hints.

According to this guide: https://testing-public.carmd.com/Tsb/Download/18079/7114
the tempe sensor is mounted on the MAF and is not separate item, so the complete MAF needs to be replaced. However this doesn't make sense with the error code stating it is the left side of the V6 engine. Anyways I can not see anymore components related to this either.
#29 in this diagram.

·
Registered
35,996 Posts
My German is very rusty, so did you try to translate the 1st code?
What scanner did you use? With codes going into 7-digits numbers there is big margin error when you use universal scanner and not MB-specific.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What scanner did you use?
It was from the icarsoft 980.
I'll might hook it up to Star also tonight or tomorrow.

My german is rusty as well, but B17/10 says something about the Left temp sensor inlet air, B17/8 is Tempsensor inlet air, B2/5 is Hotfilm MAF.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the star read out indicates temp sensor to be correct, but the MAF reading is wrong with engine off (but okay over 3500rpm).
I'll replace the MAF, which anyways includes the temp sensor.

·
Registered
35,996 Posts
Intake air temp sensor is part of MAF.
Your 1st scanner did not have good description.
The code reports lost connection, so washing the plugs to start might be worth a try.

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG , MY05 CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,567 Posts
Some here are talking about the engine coolant temp .sensor ,,and others about the MAF / intake air temp ,sensor.
Does the engine coolant temp sensor signal to the ECU influence the fuel delivery ?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,822 Posts
Some here are talking about the engine coolant temp .sensor ,,and others about the MAF / intake air temp ,sensor.
Does the engine coolant temp sensor signal to the ECU influence the fuel delivery ?
Coolant temperature and Long Term Fuel Trim are key factors in mixture formation during cold start and warm-up phase. Intake air temperature is used to reduce thermal stress on engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG , MY05 CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,567 Posts
Thanks Witek ,,so in summary ,,Urabenz should start by replacing the engine coolant temp sensor ,,, (which is also much cheaper than a MAF ).

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
6,822 Posts
Thanks Witek ,,so in summary ,,Urabenz should start by replacing the engine coolant temp sensor ,,, (which is also much cheaper than a MAF ).
Faulty MAF will drive LTFT in wrong direction. Voltage with key on engine not running is way off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts