Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E300TD
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my E300TD got this loud hauling/wining noise from under the car when driving at 30-50 mph it changes pitch when i accelerate and decelerate dosent change if i shift gear so its speed related i have tried to find it changed the shaft carrier bearing cleaned the front brakes changed the oil in rear diff and nothing helps but some days its gone and the next day its back...help please i am about to loose my mind

Regards

David Sørensen

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Why not take the car back to the garage that changed the "shaft carrier" bearing.

Put the car on a lift, run the car in gear at the speed you believe the noise occurs----and listen for the location of the noise.

Buying more parts for parts sake aint cheap even in Denmark!! Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
How many miles has the car done? Also is the noise coming from the front or rear and is it side specific. By hauling do you mean a growling noise? Growling is a deeper low pitch sound where whining is a high pitch sound. The two sounds are indicative of different items. Does the noise go away below 30mph and above 50 mph? When did the noise start (after a service, incident, etc.)? I need a little more details to point you in the right direction.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts