Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
' 91 350sel, '12 s350, '18 144 sprinter, '08 sl550
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on 1999 e300 diesel....

no power, earlier had mas sensor code, new sensor cleared that, but now the 1470

found post on possible problems..

the vacuum transducer ? y31/5 ... anyone with a part # on that ? cant find on part..

thanks

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
on 1999 e300 diesel....

no power, earlier had mas sensor code, new sensor cleared that, but now the 1470

found post on possible problems..

the vacuum transducer ? y31/5 ... anyone with a part # on that ? cant find on part..

thanks
First clear the code.

Our cars have two of them(Y31/5 and Y31/1) on on the right and left side. On my 99TD standing in front of the car, the left one(Y31/5) is attached to the intake filter housing. The right side is close to the EGR valve.

In any event you will notice three hoses (vacuum and intake) on Y31/5. Before you purchase a new one make sure all the hoses are intact, if they are remove the one lower hose and try to start the car------what happens??

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pulled vac hose off the bottom of passenger side vac valve, car started no problem, but still in limp mode on low end and high end.........

thanks for the help

but i didnt clear codes........dont have obII
can codes be cleared another method ?

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
There are places that will read and clear the codes for free (like AutoZone, Advanced, Pep Boys, NAPA etc.) And you can buy a decent OBD2 scanner from any number of places for about $50 to $75.

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Clearing the code before you unhook the bottom air in hose on transducer is critical. Get the code cleared then unhook the hose.

FYI both of the transducers on the 606.962 have the bottom air in hose. If you follow the hose to the end you will see a small plastic ball. That ball is a replaceable filter that filters the air in. If its clogged, and it is difficult to determne, it will produce a fault. Of course if you still get a fault with the hose off than my guess is that the transducer is bad, but you tried.

Good luck

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are places that will read and clear the codes for free (like AutoZone, Advanced, Pep Boys, NAPA etc.) And you can buy a decent OBD2 scanner from any number of places for about $50 to $75.
any particular obd2 scanner to buy ?? autozone tried scanning , could nt .. and they said they wont reset codes.:surrender:

so i ll buy one on fellow members recommendation

thanks !

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Just a curious question-----If you don't have a scanner---how in God's/Allah's name did you come to the conclusion that P1470 was is or otherwise present!!

Is this a test question!!!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a curious question-----If you don't have a scanner---how in God's/Allah's name did you come to the conclusion that P1470 was is or otherwise present!!

Is this a test question!!!!!!

hope i get the answer right :eek:

local shop scanned it, he s not big on the diesels and doesnt want to kill me with hourly diagnosic charges. given him plenty of other work i cant do...

how d i do ???

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
You had me worried for a minute.

Sorry your guy has difficulty with diesels. If he took he time to compare them the diesel is far simpler to diagnose. Very straightforward.

Oh well get a cheap scanner, clear the code and you will be able to quickly test the vacuum transducer. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts