Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 W210 E280
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys

Im going to be replacing some hoses as awell as the air intake seal by the throttle body tomorrow, and thought I might as well remove and clean the egr valve while Im there. What Im wanting to know is, the two metal gaskets used on the egr, is it advisable to use a good quality sealer like Reinzosil on the metal gaskets?

One more thing, what would you guys recommend I use to clean out what ever gunk, should there be any? Youtubers be using brake fluid and a special egr cleaner which I have never seen in SA.

Regards
Cedric

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,186 Posts
Mine did not have any sealant so I did not use any. You can use some carb cleaner to soften the crud, and some flexible wire brush (like a bottle brush)

·
Registered
1998 W210 E280
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaah, thanx Mr B

May I also ask, would you know the internal diameter of the air hoses used on the EGR valve? The small ones, they looked like it had a 2 or 3mm internal diameter last time I checked. Wanna replace those as well as they never had a very snug fit.

·
Registered
1998 W210 E280
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx Mr B, much appreciated. Crap, its 2:30am in SA, I have 3 hours to get some sleep, and then its off to work. Bliksum!

Have a blessed evening Mr B, and thanx again

ps: they stole my STAR at the mall :mad:. Second one

·
Registered
1996 E280
4 Posts
Hi Mr Gumboil, I am also in SA (Centurion) and am looking for a place (not MB) to take my 1996 E280 for a computer test. Are you in this area or close to it, and if so, do you know of such a place/person ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts