Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an E240. UK-spec 2002. <br> <br> Under the radio (MB CD Audio 10). There is a storage space. Is this useable as a second standard DIN slot?<br> <br> Looks about the right size. I want to keep the standard CD-radio.<br> <br> But want to add a Blaupunkt RN149 just for the Sat-Nav functions. <br> <br> Is there the appropriate wiring harness' behind this panel? I think for Sat-Nav it needs ...<br> <br> Power? <br> Speakers? <br> Speedo pulse? <br> Reverse-light? <br> <br> And I will probably have to wire the GPS antenna myself.<br> <br> My idea is to hide the Sat-Nav behind the panel. So I can set the destination. Fold down the wood panel, and just listen to the voice guidance. Discrete!<br> <br> Possible? Or is it a lot of work? Ideas?<br> <br> Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you remove the storage tray you are left with a DIN size opening, but the door wont close with the radio or navi installed. This is exactly what I have installed with a switch to change from one unit to the other, both fully functionable. Works very well for my radio tests.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Horst, my name is jeff , I am thinking to add one more unit to the storage tray, is that possible you can upload some pictures for your radio?<br> <br> Thanks<br> <br> Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts