Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96' w210 220d
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 96 220 diesel, lets take it from the begining, a couple of weeks ago the red battery light came on apon startup, i found a quick fix for this by reving the engine one time and the light went away, no on friday the same thing happend as usual but the light didnt go away when i reved the engine, it stayed there, i didnt think mutch about it until all of the cars light's interior and exterior started to fade out, in the end the windows wouldent go up or down and the gauges in the car was almost unreadable 500m from my home even the speedo quit on me and the car died, what can the problem be? the alternator or battery? i live in a wery cold part of norway just to have that sayed.

car has lots of km on it. 303.000km last inspection was at 145k. there is some slac on the fan belt, about 1-1.5 cm each way, but no cracks in the rubber.

need help fast since it snowing and windy outside and the passanger side widow is halv open :S

regards Olav

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
First get some Aquavit. Second get a snow shovel and have your girl friend shovel out the front seat. Third and most important get a new alternator and while waiting for new the new alternator recharge your battery----------Merry Christmas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts