Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Engine Temps never get over 50-60 deg C.
Does anyone know where there is a guide to changing the housing
Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jimbo, I had found that already, it is a geat write up but it is for a for a 320 cdi, this is my first merc a I was hoping to find some instructions so I could avoid any pitfalls

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bump, anyone !!
Hi,

My 2004 W211 E220 CDI took ages to warm up and never got above 60 - 70 degC.
The temp stayed at that in city driving but dropped on longer runs.

I changed the thermostat today and took the car for a test drive. It warmed up much faster. The temp seemed to stay at about 85 degC. I think the performance and economy was better but that could be just in my mind!!

No great secrets to the job over the E320 description. The thermostat is different -- no lower outlet pipe just the one large outlet to the front leading the the radiator and the small pipe to the header tank.

The oil filter must be removed to have access (I combined it with an oil and filter change).
You will need a 'knuckle' socket as the bottom two bolts are awkward to get at. Also you will need good dexterity to pull the bolts out and not drop them -- make sure you cover the oil filter hole as a bolt dropped down there would not be good!!!

You will lose a lot of coolant so have 2 - 3 litres replacement ready.

Coincidentally, I am in Dublin.
Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
steveq
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing