Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first post on here. I have recently purchased a 94 E220 Coupe and am struggling to find any mods or upgrade parts.

Firstly I purchased it with the intention of fitting a 5 litre V8 from another benz, but this seems like a bigger job than I thought reading up on forums, also others have even said the V8 will not fit on a right hand drive, not sure if this is accurate though.

It is probably a subject many have asked before, though I can't seem to find anything on anywhere about this. Lets say if I was to keep the 2.2 engine, would I be able to get more power from it?

I have changed the diff from 3.07 to a 3.27 ratio, the old one was gone so I had to replace it. But I was thinking about getting a de-cat (having to make one more likely), fitting a supercharger (seen this on a friend's 300E), induction kit, remap etc... Though many posts I found touched on this subject with this car personally I couldn't find any in depth information or more importantly somebody who has successfully upgraded their E220.

·
W124 Moderator
12,582 Posts
Think about your question and ask yourself if anyone else has had the same thoughts. Other than changing muffler's and the like to boost your sound, there aren't any performance modifications available for these motors. Once in a blue moon a twin turbo setup becomes available, but those were for the 3.0L inline 6's. Get the car in good tune and enjoy it for what it is.

Jayare

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think about your question and ask yourself if anyone else has had the same thoughts.
Yeah, I'm sure many have had that thought so I was wondering if anyone actually succeeded in increasing the power. The mods I listed are do-able, for example the supercharger on the 300e was from a 220clk, or a decat could literally be a straight pipe from anywhere. Its just there isn't much online about people doing this, and so far I get the impression that it isn't worth it. It is a great car as it is but wouldn't mind a little more power :grin

·
Registered
506 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
PhantomLord
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing