Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E200 Kompressor 2001
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001, petrol, w210, 105,000 kilometers
Car was serviced at 95K with new plugs, oil, filters, throttle body cleaned etc. It is driving perfectly but every now and then it is slow to start. It does not take several turns of the key but it does turn over for an extra long time before actually firing / starting. This seems to be more evident when car is warm. Always starts without a problem in the morning from cold.

Could it be coolant temp sensor or fuel pressure?

Any ideas much appreciated?

MFK

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Or

crank position sensor.See diy section or diy on mercedesshop.com cps r/r.
ohlord:bowdown:
no codes?might be a good idea to get it on a scope to check all sensor values before it leaves you stranded in county Cork.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I would initially lean towards ohlord's CPS suggestion unless you already changed the crank position sensor. The CPS rarely throws a code, so it can be a bit troublesome to diagnose. Has it ever died/severe stumble when warm?

And I hope you don't have to drive all the way to County Cork to get stranded. ;)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
E200 Kompressor 2001
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replies, definitely not ignoring anybody. I put up the first thread but it did not appear in the list so I thought I had done something wrong and therefore decided to put it up again. There was obviously some delay in the system!!

I would have thought crank sensor if it cut out while driving etc and then when cooled down would start again.

The problem I have is that it is just slow to start when warm - definitely turns over for much longer before firing than when cold. There are no driving or performance issues.

Cheers

MFK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts