Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C180
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,am using E200,yr2000 ,am facing the problem starting the engine with smart key,remote doesn't open or lock the door and windows too.As well the key does not go to the start position.
Can you advice plss how to fix this problem?
regards.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,707 Posts
Check the stickies for solutions as you are reporting 2 separate problems. Also fill up your profile with location for more direct responses.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2005 C180
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yes its true separate problems but i found this matter happened all at the same time,i cannot switch ON the engine at the same time,windows and doors not working.the remote key switch can not go to position 1,2

·
Registered
2005 C180
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tanzania!i think yu heard about longest Mountain in Africa its within.There is Mercedes Benz Agent here,I usual get spares and fixed to the agent most of the problems.
My problem comes just suddenly i parked the car,but when i tried to switch on again it fails even to rotate to the its position smart key,i came out try to close the door and windows nothing going on.I tried check the fuse looks are okay.so am stalked.

·
Registered
36,707 Posts
This sounds like pretty advanced problem and you might need Star Computer for full diagnosis.
What I can figure out from your description, the car is not recognizing the knob chip and that triggers security system to quit responding to the remote.
Again this is my guess having limited knowledge about MB security. Observe red LED on the radio when you do those things. The blink intervals tells about key recognition, although I never could get clear indication how exactly.
Now is good time to try second key.
Good luck

·
Registered
36,707 Posts
Keys in US are dealers and dealers only item. I think it will be the same in your country.
I just paid $198 for nice gen 2 chrome key. If you can shop around, as dealers in my county wanted $250

·
Registered
36,707 Posts
Just to make sure - you do have smart key or knob for the ignition and blade key for mechanical locks on the door and trunk?
Ebay stuff is usable only for the case swap. The knob has to be programmed by central MB locksmith.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts