Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a W204 C220CDi and my wife has the new CLC Coupe. Do these vehicles have metallic windscreens, and if so, where is the best location to mount an E-Toll transponder?

I have been holding my transponder up to the windscreen with my hand, but on many occasions, the sensors at the toll plaza did not pick up my transponder.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You might want to try some clear 3M Dual Lock.:)

3M Dual Lock
When two parts of 3M Dual Lock are pressed together, hundreds of mushroom shaped stems interlock with each other. This results in a mated product with excellent holding strength ( up to 12 times stronger than velcro )

The durability of the system means that it allows for up to 1000 openings and closures .

The product is available as plain or adhesive backed, with different adhesive systems available dependent on application.

Widely used in transportation, marine and construction industries, replacing screws for assembling wall and ceiling panels; allowing for faster removal and easier maintenance.

·
Registered
788 Posts
If it is like the EZ-Pass we have on the east coast of the US I have a holder that suction cups to the windshield. I have mine mounted to the drivers side of the rear view mirror and have not had a problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
don't know about metallic windscreen or not but california motor vehicle laws regulate where we can put our transponders.

also our transponder provider provides velcro strips for free with instructions that quote the california state motor vehicle code... your may want to check with the transponder provider or your state motor vehicle code.

·
Registered
77 Posts
don't know about metallic windscreen or not
also our transponder provider provides velcro strips for free with instructions that quote the california state motor vehicle code... your may want to check with the transponder provider or your state motor vehicle code.
Same as Illinois Toll (velcro strips provided and work good on mine C300, I put it behind rear view mirror on passenger side)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have one. Make sure you put it on the black dots at the top next to the rear view mirror. I have mine on the dirvers side.

Happy days

Marty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts